Problem logging in after moving servers

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Problem logging in after moving servers

Postby Hal » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:08 am

So, I'd like to think that I'm a veritable Coranto expert, I've installed it literally many dozens of times, in some cases hacked into something else entirely, but this problem has me completely stumped.

I've moved an installation of Coranto (v1.31.2) from one server to another server. I've done this before with other installations and other servers with no problem... I moved all the files, set all the permissions, and then did a mass find-and-replace to correct all the absolute paths for the new server. However, when I log into Coranto on the new server, I ALWAYS get a "The information you entered is incorrect. Please use the link below and try again." error. I've tried the resetpass setting in nsettings.cgi, but to no avail... I still get the same error as if I didn't put in a correct password, and when I pull nsettings.cgi from the server again, the line with resetpass``xHal on it is gone. (so something is happening I presume)

I'm tearing my hair out here. Anybody else have this problem? Or know of any insight?
<Field: CustomField_Signature>
Hal

Postby bozoka45 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:02 am

Is it possible for you to downgrade to 1.24 and test it again. Since it's a beta version, it could be a bug.
bozoka45

Postby Hal » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:37 pm

That's kind of my last resort, as the directory structure of 1.31.2 is different from 1.24, and it seems like it's asking for more problems. I'm still working at it, if I try a few more things and can't get it working, then downgrading I will do.
<Field: CustomField_Signature>
Hal

Postby Parahead » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:19 pm

Hal wrote:That's kind of my last resort, as the directory structure of 1.31.2 is different from 1.24, and it seems like it's asking for more problems. I'm still working at it, if I try a few more things and can't get it working, then downgrading I will do.
I have tried this on my own installation and I have got things to work. I agree it do need some work to work as smoothly as it should though. The thing is that the resetpass line is removed from the nsettings.cgi file if it isn't needed, which it only is if you are located at the login screen to begin with.

To get the resetpass to work in the 1.31.2 version I would suggest the following:
* Make sure you are the only user that uses the Coranto installation currently.
* Direct your browser to the login screen
* Add the resetpass line to the very top of the nsettings.cgi file
* (Without reloading the loginpage) login to Coranto with your new password

Please let me know if you still experience problems...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Troubleshooting