Coranto and Microsoft Frontpage 2003

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Coranto and Microsoft Frontpage 2003

Postby shamrock118 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:57 pm

I'm a beginner at Coranto and I recently bought Microsoft Frontpage 2003 to create and publish my web site but later realized that I wanted to use Coranto as well. Is there any way to use Coranto in Microsoft Frontpage? Thanks!!
shamrock118

Postby bozoka45 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:16 pm

Well, yes and no. You can use Frontpage to generate the HTML to use in styles and templates, but you'd have to edit the HTML and add certain tags. The straight answer is No. MS Frontpage is for sites that don't use dynamic information, Coranto is for dynamic sites.
bozoka45

how to design a site

Postby shamrock118 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:28 am

How do users of Coranto develop professional looking web sites? Do they use Coranto itself with its templates and styles or do they usually use programs such as Dreamweaver (or maybe Frontpage)? I've always used WYSIWYG programs before discovering Coranto, so HTML is kind of new to me. Thanks. :)
shamrock118

Re: how to design a site

Postby bozoka45 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:00 am

shamrock118 wrote:How do users of Coranto develop professional looking web sites? Do they use Coranto itself with its templates and styles or do they usually use programs such as Dreamweaver (or maybe Frontpage)? I've always used WYSIWYG programs before discovering Coranto, so HTML is kind of new to me. Thanks. :)

You can use an HTML generator (Dreamweaver, Frontpage) to design your website, but note that Coranto and the generator will not work hand-in-hand. I hope I'm not confusing you too much 8)
bozoka45

Re: how to design a site

Postby Parahead » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:12 pm

shamrock118 wrote:How do users of Coranto develop professional looking web sites? Do they use Coranto itself with its templates and styles or do they usually use programs such as Dreamweaver (or maybe Frontpage)? I've always used WYSIWYG programs before discovering Coranto, so HTML is kind of new to me. Thanks. :)
As bozoka45 says, you can use your favorite program to create a good looking site. What you do with the WYSIWYG program is creating a static snapshot of what your dynamic site will look like. After that snapshot is created you put the html that creates the newsitem into a Coranto style and replace the areas like "Subject", "long text", "submitter", "posting date" and so on with the correct Coranto fields. The HTML that you wrap around a section of newsitems (for example menus, footer, header) you can either place into a template or in the shtml file from where you include the newstems. You should probably be looking through the documentation available under the HELP link on this site to get a grip of things...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Troubleshooting