Weird 500 - Internal Server Error

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Weird 500 - Internal Server Error

Postby AndyP » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:43 pm

At the end of the building process I am getting the 500 Internal Server Error, which is odd given I haven't experienced it before. I completed my last build on Sunday with no problems but have had problems building today. Given that it occurs at the end of the rebuild my news is building fine, it seems.

I've tried using Partial Rebuild as well building just one profile and still get the same problem.

One thing I have noticed is that when I go to the Partial Rebuild page the profile listed next to Profile 1 is blank, not sure if it was like that before because I don't remember.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
AndyP

Postby bozoka45 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:10 am

Read this than ask questions you might have.
bozoka45

Postby AndyP » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:43 pm

It seems I might have a problem with my server that needs fixing because I am getting a 500 Error on another application also.
AndyP

Postby bozoka45 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:08 pm

If it's a CGI script then that outline should work for it as well. Do you have access to your server's error logs?
bozoka45

Postby AndyP » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:27 pm

bozoka45 wrote:If it's a CGI script then that outline should work for it as well. Do you have access to your server's error logs?

Well the other thing was fixed but I sitll have that error, I don't see anything in the error log though.
AndyP

Postby bozoka45 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:30 pm

AndyP wrote:Well the other thing was fixed but I sitll have that error, I don't see anything in the error log though.

Without an error message or any reports from the link I gave you there isn't much I can do. You can reupload Coranto in ASCII format and check your CHMOD.
bozoka45

Postby AndyP » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:42 pm

bozoka45 wrote:
AndyP wrote:Well the other thing was fixed but I sitll have that error, I don't see anything in the error log though.

Without an error message or any reports from the link I gave you there isn't much I can do. You can reupload Coranto in ASCII format and check your CHMOD.

It's interesting how it happens at the end of the build, actually rebuilding pretty much everything without any problems. What kind of error messages should I be looking for in the log ?
AndyP

Postby bozoka45 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:58 pm

AndyP wrote:It's interesting how it happens at the end of the build, actually rebuilding pretty much everything without any problems. What kind of error messages should I be looking for in the log ?

Are you using the addon Autobuild? You should be looking for an error related to coranto.cgi. What it is, I have no idea, there's a bunch of possibilities.
bozoka45

Postby AndyP » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:03 pm

bozoka45 wrote:
AndyP wrote:It's interesting how it happens at the end of the build, actually rebuilding pretty much everything without any problems. What kind of error messages should I be looking for in the log ?

Are you using the addon Autobuild? You should be looking for an error related to coranto.cgi. What it is, I have no idea, there's a bunch of possibilities.

I had autobuild but i don't use it... should I try using it ? I'm testing different things, one of which is disabling the 'Email Notification' addon. I also have over 1300 articles so maybe that is an issue.

When I try partial rebuild it doesn't seem to throw out that error.
AndyP

Postby AndyP » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:39 pm

I've found a symptom of the problem. When I choose partial rebuild and it lists the profiles it numbers the profiles starting with 1 and it is leaving "Profile 1" blank. I checked with a new installation of coranto, created some profiles and "Profile 1" in the list should not be blank. Strangely, when I delete a profile it corrects the problem but as soon as I rebuild again it then leaves "Profile 1" blank again.

Incidentally, as well as when I delete a profile, if I create a profile it also amends the partial rebuild list to include a "Profile 1".

When I checked the list of profiles in the "Edit News Profiles" list I found a bunch of profiles that were listed that had no "Profile Type". I deleted those profiles thinking they might have become corrupted or something and that might have solved it but it hasn't.

I can run partial rebuild on a single profile and receive no "Internal Server" error. When I do a "Build News" then it builds all the news but I get the error right at the end of the build. It also says it has built all 1320 items even though it hasn't.

Still trying...
AndyP

Postby Parahead » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:56 pm

AndyP wrote:I've found a symptom of the problem. When I choose partial rebuild and it lists the profiles it numbers the profiles starting with 1 and it is leaving "Profile 1" blank. I checked with a new installation of coranto, created some profiles and "Profile 1" in the list should not be blank. Strangely, when I delete a profile it corrects the problem but as soon as I rebuild again it then leaves "Profile 1" blank again.
Which version of Coranto are you using? Are you using the Profile Copier addon? Have you enabled headlines for any of the profiles?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby AndyP » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:29 pm

Parahead wrote:
AndyP wrote:I've found a symptom of the problem. When I choose partial rebuild and it lists the profiles it numbers the profiles starting with 1 and it is leaving "Profile 1" blank. I checked with a new installation of coranto, created some profiles and "Profile 1" in the list should not be blank. Strangely, when I delete a profile it corrects the problem but as soon as I rebuild again it then leaves "Profile 1" blank again.
Which version of Coranto are you using? Are you using the Profile Copier addon? Have you enabled headlines for any of the profiles?

Using Coranto v 1.24. I don't use the Profile Copier addon but I do have headlines enabled.
AndyP

Postby Parahead » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:43 pm

AndyP wrote:Using Coranto v 1.24. I don't use the Profile Copier addon but I do have headlines enabled.
I have experienced "ghost profiles" when using headlines and deleting the profile, something like you describe. I honestly do not remember if it was on a clean setup or if the cause was some addon though. It could be something to test out for you anyway?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby bozoka45 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:08 am

Do you have any profiles trying to write to the same txt file? That will cause an error.
bozoka45

Postby AndyP » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:35 pm

bozoka45 wrote:Do you have any profiles trying to write to the same txt file? That will cause an error.

No profiles writing to the same txt file. I do use Tintinabulum for my categories though... :roll: but it's given me no problems to this point and i've been using this for years.
AndyP

Next

Return to Troubleshooting