Preventing GuestPost Spam

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby Parahead » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:25 pm

Dale Ray wrote:Parahead,

Can you make the CAPTCHA module you've written available for download? I find I have need of this and am looking for a solution.

Thanks,
The CAPTCHA module is not really packaged for the bigger audiance yet but I hope the module plus the rough examples I e-mailed helped you out? Any feedback is much welcomed, maybe I will find the time and energy to make it an official release, since it is an increasing pain in the butt with those damn spambots...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby GabeT » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:17 am

Any progress on this? I would love to see coranto have a nice comments system that has image verification to help with spam.
GabeT

Postby Musicvid » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:30 am

This isn't a Coranto issue at all. It seems to be universal (at least in the "web" universe) at this point in time.

See here: http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/?p=1094
Musicvid

Great post

Postby GabeT » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:01 pm

It's getting crazy...
GabeT

Postby Parahead » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:12 pm

GabeT wrote:Any progress on this? I would love to see coranto have a nice comments system that has image verification to help with spam.
Like I mention above I did send Dale Ray a package with the CAPTCHA module, but to make it work with iSay (or any other addon) you would need to add some lines inside the addon. Basically it isn't usefull for the big audience but if any addon developer would like to incorporate it into his/her addon I gladly send over the package...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby BlueLobstah » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:20 am

Parahead, I'm interested in the package as well. I've tried various things (unsuccessfully) so I've disabled guest comments for the moment. I would like to have guests be able to post again without having to worry about the annoying spambots.
BlueLobstah

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting