News.txt -> news.HTM

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

News.txt -> news.HTM

Postby revo2001 » Sat May 07, 2005 2:25 pm

Is it possible to make it so corranto will save the news file as a htm file rater then a txt? I went through and tried to change all of the 'news.txt's to 'news.htm' but that only seemed to cause problems..

The reason Im trying to do this is because Mozilla does not like the file having a .txt at the end the way my web site is set up(an iframe calls the news document).

http://www.sidefxstudios.com/index2.html for the web site.. If anybody is proficient in coding i'd appreciate any help on trying to get the links to not be blue also(ive tried setting up the code in multiple locations)... actually if anybody knows a better way to do what im trying to do on the web site, let me know!

Thanks for the help.

On a side note, I tried searching before posting this. But unfortunately searching for 'news.txt' on this forum brings up a *ton* of results. I sifted through many of the pages but none seemed to address my needs.
revo2001
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:09 am

Postby Jackanape » Sun May 08, 2005 2:15 am

I'm using firefox, and the page looks fine to me.

What you need to do is best done with CSS, you can specify what color you want your links to be, and you can utilize an an absolutely positioned div instead of your i-frame...if that's giving you problems.
User avatar
Jackanape
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:15 am
Location: Capitol of the Great State of New York

Re: News.txt -> news.HTM

Postby Dale Ray » Sun May 08, 2005 3:26 pm

revo2001 wrote:Is it possible to make it so corranto will save the news file as a htm file rater then a txt? I went through and tried to change all of the 'news.txt's to 'news.htm' but that only seemed to cause problems..


If you want the profile to build files called profile.htm instead of profile.txt you can change the filename on the profile settings page. If this is what you did when you say you changed the names, explain what problems it caused.



revo2001 wrote:If anybody is proficient in coding i'd appreciate any help on trying to get the links to not be blue also(ive tried setting up the code in multiple locations)... actually if anybody knows a better way to do what im trying to do on the web site, let me know!


Check out these links and see if they help:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp? ... rycss_link

http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp? ... ycss_link2
Dale Ray
User avatar
Dale Ray
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:02 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Postby revo2001 » Mon May 09, 2005 2:56 pm

Jackanape wrote:I'm using firefox, and the page looks fine to me.

What you need to do is best done with CSS, you can specify what color you want your links to be, and you can utilize an an absolutely positioned div instead of your i-frame...if that's giving you problems.


The page looks fine because i renamed the file to news.htm after it was built as news.txt.
revo2001
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:09 am

Re: News.txt -> news.HTM

Postby revo2001 » Mon May 09, 2005 3:02 pm

Dale Ray wrote:If you want the profile to build files called profile.htm instead of profile.txt you can change the filename on the profile settings page. If this is what you did when you say you changed the names, explain what problems it caused.

Check out these links and see if they help:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp? ... rycss_link

http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp? ... ycss_link2


Well one thing im doing to use the javascript scrolling and to call out an external file is im making the white background invisibile through code. Unfortunately with CSS, it like's to antialias text when it's bold. What ends up happening then is the text has a white "border" around it that makes pretty much illegible.

I'll try going through the profiles again to see if i can find where to change the file name extension.
revo2001
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:09 am

Postby Psykosys » Mon May 09, 2005 3:22 pm

If you use a template to produce your news file (the options for it are under "Advanced Profile Settings"), you can customize that template to give your news file a dark background so the text gets antialiased less strangely (I'm assuming whatever code you're using to make the IFRAME transparent works just as well if the IFRAME has a declared background color instead of the default white?).
Psykosys
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:37 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY

Postby revo2001 » Tue May 10, 2005 3:19 pm

Psykosys wrote:If you use a template to produce your news file (the options for it are under "Advanced Profile Settings"), you can customize that template to give your news file a dark background so the text gets antialiased less strangely (I'm assuming whatever code you're using to make the IFRAME transparent works just as well if the IFRAME has a declared background color instead of the default white?).


Indeed, I'll try that.
revo2001
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:09 am

Postby revo2001 » Tue May 10, 2005 3:37 pm

Ah I hate browser incombatibility. Finally works great in Internet Explorer but now it doesn't work in Firefox.
revo2001
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:09 am

Postby Jackanape » Tue May 10, 2005 5:16 pm

Instead of handling your scrolling through java, you could build a CSS div with auto scroll on--I'm a little confused by the problems you're having with the bold text?

Then, you can call to your news file right from the div, instead of trying to call an html file into the java-scrolled Iframe.

Good Luck with it...I HATE coding pages for IE, it's a lousy browser...
User avatar
Jackanape
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:15 am
Location: Capitol of the Great State of New York

Postby revo2001 » Tue May 10, 2005 6:13 pm

Jackanape wrote:Instead of handling your scrolling through java, you could build a CSS div with auto scroll on--I'm a little confused by the problems you're having with the bold text?

Then, you can call to your news file right from the div, instead of trying to call an html file into the java-scrolled Iframe.

Good Luck with it...I HATE coding pages for IE, it's a lousy browser...


I don't want auto scroll, takes away from the users control which i beleive leads to a bad experience. The bold text issue has been fixed so that's cool.

Describe to me how i would do what you're talking about as i'm lost.

Normally i hate coding for IE myself, but right now the web page actually works perfect with IE and doesn't work correctly in Firefox.
revo2001
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:09 am

Postby barrivia » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:06 pm

I'm getting more or less the same problem.

I have a page with an iframe...within that iframe is the coranto news file.

Looks fine in IE, but Firefox just shows the whole page as code.
barrivia
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:52 pm


Return to Troubleshooting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron