possible problem with "Multipage"

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

possible problem with "Multipage"

Postby Dotcom22 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:00 am

Hi

I dont undestand why but I can not submit any more news.. :-( In fact I have install and test Coranto without any problem...but since I have install Addon "Multipage" and try to undestand how it work, this problem appear.. I have disabled "Multipage" but nothing change... When I try to submit something the browser turn and turn without stop.. I have also try to make a Full Rebuild and same problem... All other config setting work well...

Any suggestion ??? I dont see why...what I have do ? 15 min before everything workin well..

thanks in advance
Dotcom22

Postby Dale Ray » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:10 am

Be patient.

If you just installed Coranto and it worked and then added only the multipage addon it is probably your server having a problem.

If it persists and this is a new install, I would delete and reinstall Coranto, since it only takes a few minutes.

Also - are you sure it is the multipage addon and NOT the MultiPart addon? There is a huge difference in what they do, but people have confused the names in the past.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Dotcom22 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:58 am

unfortunatly the problem persist...I have try just right now to post a news..... The Addon are Multipage ( but I have also Multipart installed)...

What is the file I must delete and re-upload ???? Is possible to do that without delete all config information (like profil, style, ....) ???

thanks
Dotcom22

Re: possible problem with "Multipage"

Postby Lumberjack » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:32 pm

Dotcom22 wrote:I have install Addon "Multipage" and try to undestand how it work, this problem appear

What exactly did you do?
Lumberjack

Postby Dotcom22 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:01 am

...I have test this Addon and I have see it work visibly well...After I have discover is possible to split all news on different page using tag NEXT and PREVIOUS...so I have try to set this config but it was impossible to get my page "news.shtml" with navigation bar above. So after making a search in to forum I have find this :

http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... =multipage

I have try to change from admin panel the name of "news.txt" in "news-1.html" and since this point I can not sumbit news.... Now I undestand maybe I must choose to generate TXT file and not HTML file...

Anyway right now I get a server error "CGIWrap Error: Real UID could not be changed" !!!!! and I dont undestand why....Am trying just to display coranto.cgi for login...nothing more....and this error message usually mean the server have process limits on the CGI....Maybe everything is a host problem but this is very strange...

Any suggestion ?
Dotcom22

Postby Lumberjack » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:48 am

Does sound like a host problem, yes. As for multipage, I have mine set to build a file scripts.shtml using a style similar to the standard news style, and a template containing the html of my site, with <Field: Content> in the relevant place. Multipage generates the bar according to how you set it up in the profile I believe, but for some reason that section is not showing on my install at the moment..
Lumberjack

Postby Dale Ray » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:16 pm

You can look here for some info on modifying the MultiPage links.

It is actually a section of a document about using a counter in Coranto, but you may finds the info helpful in setting up MultiPage.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Dale Ray » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:16 am

Dotcom22,

Where are you at with your problem? Did you get things figured out?
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Troubleshooting