Add-on problem

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby Lumberjack » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:28 pm

The files you include can be .html extension, or .txt as you have done. The index page needs to be index.shtml so the server knows to look through the code and parse any includes (i.e. insert the contents of the files into the source before serving) So you must call it index.shtml, and the same with the navbar (which also contains includes that require parsing) but I assume your banner page is straight html with no includes.
Lumberjack

Postby Stmcgill » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:38 pm

Hi Lumberjack

index is a .shtml file. This is our home page http://www.clieuk.co.uk/index.shtml

I just changed the tmpl_navbar_3 file to .shtml again and now the content shows on the main page which is great. See below-

The fiurst image is the top of the page and the second shows where the main news content starts when the bar is changed to a .shtml file. I cannot work out why changing that extension would ruin the format of the page- it's as though the width of the left bar is no longer recognised?
Shaun McGill
www.palm247.com
www.windowsmobile247.com
www.symbian247.com
ALL powered by Coranto
Stmcgill

Postby Lumberjack » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:25 pm

View your resulting source code and see if you can figure it out from that. Its a problem of how your tables are set up I guess. But yes you're right, its not a coranto problem.
Lumberjack

Postby Stmcgill » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks for all of the help- we eventually got it sorted...

and then this afternoon all of our add-ons stopped working and Coranto has gone badly wrong:) Hopefully we can re-build it even though an nsettings backup restore did not work.
Shaun McGill
www.palm247.com
www.windowsmobile247.com
www.symbian247.com
ALL powered by Coranto
Stmcgill

Postby Dale Ray » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:37 pm

Stmcgill wrote:Thanks for all of the help- we eventually got it sorted...

and then this afternoon all of our add-ons stopped working and Coranto has gone badly wrong:) Hopefully we can re-build it even though an nsettings backup restore did not work.

This sounds like your host is not done moving things around and your paths changed. Anytime I do this locally I get a 'not found' error for each addon and they do not show up in the addon manager page. Check your path in the main Coranto settings page.

You can use perldiver to check your path and many other features of your host. Place it in your Coranto directory, chmod to 755, and access it with your browser.

You can also use this:
Code: Select all
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

if your host supports php.

Save it as info.php

Put it in the directory you want the correct path to.

Call it from your browser.

Page down through all of the info and in the section labeled Apache Environment you will see the value for SCRIPT_FILENAME. This will be the comlete path and the name of the file you called. Something like this:

/home/site1/htdocs/info.php

This assumes that you are using Apache on a linux/unix server.

Make sure that the path settings on the main Coranto settings page match the output of one of these scripts.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Stmcgill » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:14 am

Thanks for the useful information:) In the end an nsettings restore sorted it but then we lost all of our news an hour later (no newsdat left- normally get a tmp file).

Going back to daily back ups of /news and /cgi- bin:)
Shaun McGill
www.palm247.com
www.windowsmobile247.com
www.symbian247.com
ALL powered by Coranto
Stmcgill

Postby Lumberjack » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:30 pm

Hmm... I also experience the nsettings truncation, I use MoveIt! to make backups of all the settings files. The dev release apparently handles this differently and there should be no more problems with it.
Lumberjack

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting