Upload images

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Upload images

Postby Julio Cesar » Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:33 am

Are there a way for sort the images in the Addon Upload File
Julio Cesar

Postby Julio Cesar » Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:50 am

My mean is sort alphabetical order A-Z
Julio Cesar

Good Question

Postby pmulcahy » Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:26 am

I just went and checked in my copy of Coranto with the upload addon installed, and you're right, it doesn't sort alphabetically. I think it sorts in the order added, at least from what I can surmise from my own list. There is no option to change the order; it would have to be in the form of a new version.
pmulcahy

Postby msbzdragn » Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:02 pm

Upload Addon suggestions (insanely over-the-top, but I'm just defining the perfect Upload Addon in my mind!):

Don't just upload images, also keep a database of all images in each directory along with certain extra fields:

When image is uploaded, allow user-customisable database fields for each image, for example to be used for alt text, etc. Ask user for contents for these field(s). Also have predefined fields like width and height that are filled in automatically for you as the image is uploaded.

When selecting an image, make it possible to search for a filename/word in the user fields and show only these images. Also, make it possible to view all images in a directory with user-defined sort order. Might also be nice to be able to view files only starting with a certain letter. The user should be able to choose to view images as filenames only, or as filenames and preview images.

When an image is selected, it should be possible for the addon to automatically fill in fields in Coranto's submit/modify screens with the fields already mentioned (width, height, alt text, etc.) for you. It should also be possible for the addon to instead put the fields through a user-defined template and then put the results into the news text field (either at the end, or the current cursor position).

It should be possible to select an image, and then have the addon search for all news items that use the image (simply passing the filename/fieldname to Coranto's modify news search).

It should be possible to delete an image from the server and the image database, preferably with the option to restrict this to admin-level users only.

It should also be possible to edit the database details for an image. It'd be nice if the addon could intelligently update details in existing news items, but it isn't vital - being able to simply search for images in the news database would let the user update past images without much hassle.

Hey, you asked!
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby msbzdragn » Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:38 pm

I take it Mark fainted on reading this, eh? :)
Michael R. Tomkins

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby msbzdragn » Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:22 pm

Oh no! :D

Seriously though Mark, it is worth updating even if you don't have the time/energy to do all of the above. I merely mentioned that as the ultimate that I could imagine the addon doing - anything that improves on the current version is still worthwhile. :)
Michael R. Tomkins

msbzdragn

Postby Umrath » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:03 pm

to confirm your fears, whenever a folder is read the way upload addon does, it does read them in the order added. its the way the server works.
Once upon a time there was a giraffe named herbert, and he had a long neck. One day while herbert was tromping through the forest, he stepped on a little root, and tripped. while he was laying on the ground, a chipmunk named elmer came over and told him that he had better get his bony behind up because Jeffer the Lion was on the prowl. Suddenly, Jeffer burst throught the hedge and ate elmer. The moral of the story is Jeffer is mean, elmer is a cool guy, and herbert is a good name for a band. The End
Umrath

Postby msbzdragn » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:12 pm

One presumes the addon could sort the folder however it liked after reading it though...
Michael R. Tomkins

msbzdragn

Postby Umrath » Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:22 pm

naturally. instead of just going ahead and printing them to the page, add them to an array and sort that thing:D
Once upon a time there was a giraffe named herbert, and he had a long neck. One day while herbert was tromping through the forest, he stepped on a little root, and tripped. while he was laying on the ground, a chipmunk named elmer came over and told him that he had better get his bony behind up because Jeffer the Lion was on the prowl. Suddenly, Jeffer burst throught the hedge and ate elmer. The moral of the story is Jeffer is mean, elmer is a cool guy, and herbert is a good name for a band. The End
Umrath

Postby Julio Cesar » Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:53 pm

I sort the images:

1. change the name pics directory in the host. example:directory name " images " change for "images2"
2. make another directory with the first name. (images)
3. sort the pics in "images2" directory.
4 go to coranto panel and refresh upload/viewfiles them you can't see the archives in your images directory.
5. go to your host again and delete" images"
6. rename "images2" to "images"
7. go to your coranto panel to upload/viewfiles and refresh
8. Now you can see your pics in aphabetical order
9. End.

warning!!!!!! do this at night.
your pics directory (images)is out (empty)for few seconds
Last edited by Julio Cesar on Mon Apr 08, 2002 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julio Cesar

Postby Umrath » Mon Apr 08, 2002 12:43 am

umm, why dont we just let lawrence fix the addon?
Umrath

Return to Troubleshooting