News Columns problem

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

News Columns problem

Postby Hrvoje » Mon May 14, 2007 1:40 am

http://www.itehno.com/kosarka.php this is my website, and as you can see whenever last 4th news isnt in line with other 3... is there ANY WAY to fix this so it will be in line? thanks!

I've found a way to do it, BUT its the only way like this... if the one article or 2 or more are not in line, you need to add more words on title! Is there any other way to line-up stories?
Hrvoje

Postby Musicvid » Mon May 14, 2007 2:16 am

If you mean the FLOW of the headline into the next line, then you could use tables to line up the descriptions. Otherwise, I don't understand what you are referring to about articles not being lined up. . . . .
Musicvid

Postby Hrvoje » Mon May 14, 2007 4:20 pm

Musicvid wrote:If you mean the FLOW of the headline into the next line, then you could use tables to line up the descriptions. Otherwise, I don't understand what you are referring to about articles not being lined up. . . . .

this way, 3rd news column inst lined UP with first two, how to make it be in lineup?

Hrvoje

Postby Jackanape » Mon May 14, 2007 7:44 pm

I see, because of the length of your titles, yes?

Musicvid is right...probably a table format to line everything up neatly.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Hrvoje » Tue May 15, 2007 12:39 am

Jackanape wrote:I see, because of the length of your titles, yes?

Musicvid is right...probably a table format to line everything up neatly.
what do you mean by that my table is set to LEFT/TOP
Hrvoje

Postby Musicvid » Tue May 15, 2007 3:48 am

I was not talking about the alignment of the content WITHIN the tables -- I was suggesting you implement some basic tables in you Coranto Style to separate the title from the rest of the content, thus lining it up.

If you are completely unfamiliar with basic Table code using HTML, there are literally hundreds of tutorials out there to help you get started, try Google . . .
Musicvid

Postby Hrvoje » Tue May 15, 2007 4:56 pm

Musicvid wrote:
I was not talking about the alignment of the content WITHIN the tables -- I was suggesting you implement some basic tables in you Coranto Style to separate the title from the rest of the content, thus lining it up.

If you are completely unfamiliar with basic Table code using HTML, there are literally hundreds of tutorials out there to help you get started, try Google . . .
i didnt understand help more!
Hrvoje

Postby Lumberjack » Tue May 15, 2007 6:39 pm

A table is like a load of boxes, which you can put your content in to line it up properly. Here is some info.
Lumberjack

Postby SrNupsen » Tue May 15, 2007 6:50 pm

Hrvoje: Please try to understand things on your own before asking help for everything. People here are giving of their time for free to help out, and it's kind of frustrating when you don't seem to want to learn anything by yourself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Hrvoje » Tue May 15, 2007 9:21 pm

i could not solve my problem, you just (THANKS BTW!) showed me lots of pages and LOTS AND LOTS of material... with tables but i need simple 2 line code probably...
Hrvoje

Postby Musicvid » Wed May 16, 2007 2:35 am

Here is the simplest and most accurate tutorial I know of on HTML Table Basics.
http://www.pageresource.com/html/table1.htm

I learned this on my own a number of years ago, and I am no smarter than you.

*Follow the directions
*Don't be afraid to make mistakes
*Don't give up after a few tries -- you'll get it!!

Really, these tutorials are worth your time, I never wrote a bit of Perl code until three years ago, and now I know just enough to be annoying. . . .
Musicvid

Postby Spunkmeyer » Thu May 17, 2007 7:57 am

Im sure its just me being retarded, but I read this entire post and cant figure out for the life of me what tables you are referring to. Btw, I happen to know quite a bit about tables.. but you should be using <div> tags instead. Have you tried using the vertical align attribute? (vertical-align:top;) in css.
"God Bless the Portable Grassy Knoll"
Spunkmeyer

Postby Musicvid » Thu May 17, 2007 9:59 pm

I suggested he use some HTML tables in his Coranto Style to line up the tops of his Text fields when some of his Subjects flowed onto a second line, which bothered him.

That is all. Really!
Musicvid

Return to Troubleshooting