Headlines Style problems

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Headlines Style problems

Postby Daniel Thomas » Sat May 12, 2007 2:54 am

Okay, I've been using Coranto for many years now and I've always had this issue but I ignored it because it didn't really affect me much however I've been designing a site for somebody and the way they want things calls for different Headline Styles.

I've incorporated PHP into the site design to work with Coranto and below is an example of our 'Default Headline Style.'

http://www.chewthemout.com/cto.php?id=h ... VuOVdOsSPl
(please note, the site template is not in Coranto, it appears through PHP codes)

Here's the issue...I don't want to use that Style for this particular section we are doing. I created another Headline Style called "nextweeksnews" and I assign the Profile "nwarticles" to use that style...however, when you click the links, it STILL uses the Default Headline Style...why? How can I stop this and make it use the "nextweeksnews" style?

The &tmpl= trick doesn't work with PHP...it would work if I removed the PHP link but then it won't use the site template.

It sucks that if I make the changes necessary for the section we are doing, it will affect ALL the profiles and I don't want to do that.

I hope that was understandable...
Daniel Thomas

Postby Dale Ray » Sat May 12, 2007 6:07 am

Does this thread in the archived forums help?

I believe the last post in the thread addresses what you want to do.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Daniel Thomas » Sun May 13, 2007 2:03 am

Heck yeah! Thanks a lot. Works great now. I've finally learned something new with Coranto.
Daniel Thomas

Return to Troubleshooting