Most popular News Items

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Most popular News Items

Postby GabeT » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:14 am

I have just installed a test coranto setup with the latest cSQL addon. Is it possible to show the most popular news items. also is there a way to show the related news items. Thanks guys. BTW. I did a search and really couldnt find anything on this.
GabeT

Postby SrNupsen » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:49 am

For most popular news items, if your site is PHP driven you could always use PHPvisitor ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Lumberjack » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:48 pm

I suppose a custom perl script (others would insist on php for some reason) would be most appropriate for working with the cSQL database. I always thought that corantoSQL left some redundancy, but essentially an addon that completely removes all flat file storage would be a rewrite of coranto. So I imagine a standalone script is better. Maybe you could find one already existing, and modify that to suit your needs?
Lumberjack

Postby GabeT » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:36 am

Thanks for the reply guys.
GabeT

Return to Troubleshooting