Building news problem

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Building news problem

Postby AndyP » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:42 pm

In the last day I've started having a problem with the build news process. Some profiles are working and the news file is generated but the headlines file isn't (in profiles where the headlines option is set to Yes); some profiles aren't building the news file; and some are working fine.

I created a "Test" profile set to build news from all categories and using the default styles and it successfully built both news and headlines files. However, while I can add a news story with no problems and it appears in the modify news list and can be edited/deleted with no problems, it isn't being included in the build news process - even for that test profile.

So it's a weird problem.

Up to yesterday I was experiencing no such problems so it's a mystery to me.

I rolled back to a 3 day old backup of nsettings.cgi but it didn't help. I also rolled back newsdat.txt but it didn't help either.

However, I had a problem creating a profile 2 days ago. When I created it and then went back in to enable it I got an error message... and only after a brief period of minutes was I actually able to enable the profile.

Not sure if that is related or not.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Last edited by AndyP on Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndyP

Postby Musicvid » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:26 am

One thing you can try is disabling 'flock' temporarily and see if that changes anything.
A search of the archive forums will lead you to the instructions for doing so.
Musicvid

Postby AndyP » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:15 am

As an update to this, I rolled back to a previos version of nsettings.cgi and newsdat.txt and found that when I built the news a recent news item that I added yesterday that wasn't in the older newsdat.txt was included in the built news files. Meaning that it doesn't look like some of the news files are being built because they aren't being updated.

Also, I've tried using partial rebuild to rebuild single profiles and still encountered problems.
AndyP

Postby AndyP » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:15 am

***WOW***

I upgraded to v1.25, the new build, and it all seems ok - things are building perfectly well now ... what could possibly have been the issue I wonder ?
AndyP

Postby SrNupsen » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:23 pm

Those were full rebuilds you were doing, right? Not just "Build news"?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby AndyP » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:08 pm

I did partial build using that addon, and using the "Build News" option a at the admin page.
AndyP

Postby Spunkmeyer » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:11 am

If you edited anything manually, (ie, changing a .tmpl file), you'd have to to a full rebuild...
"God Bless the Portable Grassy Knoll"
Spunkmeyer

Same problem

Postby Host0001 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:55 pm

I have installed the newest version and am having the same problem"

In "Submit News" I have no "profiles showing" even though I have three. When I enter news and submit it, it shows up in all three profies.

What can be the issue here, I have been running newspro since it started years ago with no problems until now.

Thanks for your time.
Host0001

Postby Spunkmeyer » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:36 pm

when you say you have no profiles showing in submit news, what do mean? Could you explain it in a little more detail?
"God Bless the Portable Grassy Knoll"
Spunkmeyer

Postby Eurojojo » Tue May 22, 2007 2:50 pm

I have a problem that started the same way, but it may be different, so I opened a new thread about it.

http://www.coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2101
Eurojojo

Postby Eurojojo » Sat May 26, 2007 1:26 pm

Yes, I am not too scared to admit very stupid mistakes. So you all can solve the same problem in silence if you did the same.

I used my site for temporary storage of a 95 MB ZIP file with photos. And overran the maximum my provider let me have. Therefore the scripts failed. I re-uploaded all .pl files (I did an upgrade to 1.25 while having the heavy load, so those may have not be complete) and now it works again.

:oops:
Eurojojo

Return to Troubleshooting