Basic Archive Setup Help?

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Basic Archive Setup Help?

Postby Skyllus vBi » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:55 am

Hello,

I'm new to Coranto but finally got everything set up and running pretty much how I want it today. I've got Maginot installed and need help, however, on setting up my archive properly.

I want the archive to be integrated into my template for viewing (template is in .php and contains includes, so I found that I have to use styles for the template itself because the .tpml files for Maginot don't seem to like the includes. Could be irrelevant here, but I'll mention it). I'd like to have:

CURRENT YEAR

Jan
Feb
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
Nov
Dev

etc.

Currently, obviously, only have news for 2007 but I'd like to know how to set it up so that I can have the seperate years later on (Each broken down by month in the next menu).

Inside each month I'd like to have the links to the maginot files for all of my news in chron order of the month.

How do I go about setting up the profiles and styles to make this happen and include the maginot links?

Sorry for the long question, really struggling to figure out how the archiving works.
Skyllus vBi

Postby Anone25 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:09 pm

Would something like this help?

Code: Select all
<If: Sub: isNewYear><Field: Year><br><br></If>
<Field: Month_Name>

With additional customizing to the code needed to link properly to your news
Anone25

Return to Troubleshooting