a sorting challenge

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

a sorting challenge

Postby Stoneage » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:44 pm

I have a new customization challenge that I can't figure out a solution for.

Using one XMultiSubmit profile, I have a business directory with listings like this:

Business Name
Street Address
City

I've created profiles for each of the business categories (Restaurants, Gift Shops, etc), and another set of profiles for each of the cities the businesses are located in.

There are multiple business type categories in which any one business might be placed. For example, a restaurant might be listed both under the business category "Restaurants" as well as "Catering".

Using "Filter by Field 2" I have profiles set up by business category, which displays all of the results for that category (such as "Restaurants").

So far, so good. Now the challenge...

If a business is listed in more than one business type category, the duplications are listed in that business' city profile. Some businesses are listed in three or four categories, which results in multiple listings in their city's profile.

I can't see a way to filter out duplications in a profile. Has anyone done that?

~ Deborah ~
Stoneage

Re: a sorting challenge

Postby Dale Ray » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:53 am

Stoneage wrote:I can't see a way to filter out duplications in a profile. Has anyone done that?

If the profile is sorted by the field that will group all of the duplicates together (ex. Business Name) you could use the isNewValue addon to test for duplicates and skip them.

Code: Select all
<If: Sub: isNewValue: YourField>print the info</If>

Will only print the info each time a new value is encountered. You can use the sort orders addon to sort by City then Business.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Stoneage » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:07 pm

Thank you, Dale!

I've installed the iNewValue addon and used your example code. The addon works perfectly for my need.

This is the most complex Coranto setup I've done yet, and so far, I've been able to configure Coranto to do everything I want it to do!

Thanks again for your help. :D

~ Deborah ~
Stoneage

Return to Troubleshooting