Your crlib.pl and crcore.pl files are mismatched...

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Your crlib.pl and crcore.pl files are mismatched...

Postby UDPride » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:51 am

Im migrating COranto from one server to another. Got most of it up and running and am using 1.25 on the new server. I imported my news stories and in the modify news section all my stories appear fine.

However when I attempt to view a story on the web using its URL, I get the following error:

Code: Select all
Your crlib.pl and crcore.pl files are mismatched -- that is, they come from different versions or builds of Coranto. Visit the Coranto homepage, download a new copy of Coranto, and upload new versions of crcore.pl and crlib.pl.

Ive re-uploaded those files a few times from version 1.25 but nothing seems to be working. Only real problem Ive run into thus far with the migration, though its a big one since I cannot view the articles. Any ideas?
UDPride

Postby UDPride » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:52 pm

One potential problem Ive noticed when copying my news and headline txt files is they have the OLD url path to the stories. I tried changing the path physically in the headlines.txt file, however it still doesnt seem to want to render the articles from the old site.

I have the URL add-on in Modify news and all my stories show up there, and when I hover over the URL, the path is my new site, but I still get the perl error.

Ive checked my styles and such and I made all necessary changes I can see to replace the old domain with the new.

Im wondering if I havent converted something or something is still "pointing" to the old coranto on my other site which is indeed version 1.24 and not 1.25 as the new one is?
UDPride

Postby SrNupsen » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:44 pm

When you've done a full backup of your site, you could try a search and replace inside nsettings.cgi. Download it and treat it in a text editor (search for any occurence of your old path info AND old URLs), then upload it.

Make sure you both download and upload in ASCII mode :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby UDPride » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:53 pm

gotcha. ill take a look at that file and point to new domain and see if things get better.

thanks.
UDPride

Postby Dale Ray » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:37 am

Did you upload the new viewnews.cgi file when you upgraded?

If you didn't that will cause the 'mismatched' error you are seeing.

viewnews.cgi does the version check each time you use it to view an item.

If you open viewnews.cgi in a text editor you should see:

####
# START (Unless you know Perl, don't change anything after this point.)
####

$crcgiBuild = 40;
$crcgiVer = '1.25';
$crcgiRC = 1;

starting at about line 28. If it does not match above you have the wrong version of viewnews installed for V 1.25.

As far as the pointers to your news stories you will need to make sure that any URL and path information entered into settings anywhere has been updated. This includes Maginot profile settings, MultiPart settings, regular profile settings, etc. There are many places you may have to change. This is why SrNupsen recommended editing nsettings.cgi, as this is where these settings are saved. If you edit nsettings.cgi make sure you have a backup!!!

Manual editing of newsdat.txt will only fix your problem until the next time you build news.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby UDPride » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:26 am

Dale, thanks for taking the time.

I will look at those suggestions and report back if they solved the problem.

Chris
UDPride

Postby UDPride » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:01 am

viewnews.cgi was the major problem. great call.

my nsettings looks pretty good. only thing in there from the other site remaining is email addresses but thats ok.

:D
UDPride

Postby SrNupsen » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:07 am

Dale wrote:Manual editing of newsdat.txt will only fix your problem until the next time you build news.

I think you mean headlines.txt or news.txt.

SrNupsen
- Jealous for not having called the viewnews shot
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
SrNupsen

Postby Dale Ray » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:43 pm

Dale wrote:That probably means you have never made that mistake yourself.

Correct. You won't believe all the strange things I've done to Coranto, but THAT one never occured to me.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Troubleshooting