'The resource cannot be displayed' error in 1.24

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

'The resource cannot be displayed' error in 1.24

Postby Dreaming9 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:50 am

I have a problem making changes with Coronto 1.24. It has worked great for the past year and all of a sudden today I cannot edit my pages. They open on the modify area and when I make my changes and click 'submit' I get the browser error below.

The resource you are looking for cannot be opened by your browser.

Any Idea what could be happening?

thank you,
Daniel
Dreaming9

Postby Spunkmeyer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:37 am

Which browser are you using and what version? Also, when it says this resource cannot be displayed, is this in a pop up window (like a JS one), or is it a 404 (etc) error?
"God Bless the Portable Grassy Knoll"
Spunkmeyer

Postby Dreaming9 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:34 am

it's a basic 404 (etc) error. It happened all of a sudden. Also when I try to reload the coranto isntallation to start over I get an Internal server error.

using IE 6.

Daniel
Dreaming9

Postby Spunkmeyer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:45 am

Have you deleted anything? Because, if it's constant, there is probably a Coranto file missing somewhere. You might think about backing all your stuff up, performing the upgrade, and check to see if the error reoccurs.

If you're having trouble with the 500 error, it is usually (in my experience), either something that isn't chmoded properly (like the newspro dir in cgi bin (755-777), or, coranto.cgi (755/777), or a screw up in your transfer (ie, you're transferring in Binary mode, or auto detect in FTP instead of ascii). Make absolutely sure you are transferring your files in ascii.

If not, try a different browser, clean out your cache and all that.. etc.
Spunkmeyer

Postby Dreaming9 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:06 am

I didn't delete anything. Well, that error appears on numerous browsers in different locations so it is not a cach thing I believe. I did remove the whole coranto set up and tried to do a new installation but received an internal server error when trying the set up. When I reloaded the old coranto 1.24 setup the internal server error disappeared but the editing error returned.

I tested it now and I am getting a 'Page cannot be displayed' when I try to submit an edit from the Modify page. Do you know what file might be corrupted or missing to cause the "Page cannot be displayed" error when someone submits and revision to a page?

I reloaded everything but
nsettings.cgi
nsbk.cgi

thanks,
Daniel
Dreaming9

Postby Spunkmeyer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:41 am

I think you might need to start from scratch and see what happens. Make sure you follow the steps above closely when uploading/chmoding etc. Cause that is for sure the reason you're getting a 500 error. If you have Coranto running already, your server is obviously running properly, which means that one of the files (coranto.cgi) isnt chmoded properly, or wasn't uploaded properly.
Spunkmeyer

Postby Dreaming9 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:08 am

Hi . . .

I upgraded to the new Coranto version and I am still getting the "Page cannot be displayed" error when I am submitting modifications to pages from the modify news area.

Any other idea? Could it be a server problem? This happened suddenly last week after a year of running well.

I overwrote everything but I still get the "Page cannot be displayed" error when updating. What could be missing?

thanks,
Daniel
Dreaming9

Postby Dreaming9 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:27 am

Bump
Dreaming9

Postby SrNupsen » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:25 am

If you get a 404, then you either have a file missing or a wrong path somewhere.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Lumberjack » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:05 am

Is it possible that your host has changed your webserver without telling you? This might create these kind of problems.. for example the paths are now different or something like that.
Lumberjack

Postby Spunkmeyer » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:54 pm

That's a good idea Lumberjack, although if your host is a decent one, things like that don't usually go unannounced. Have you tried executing another page on your server? Try creating a random directory in FTP, and then try to access if via your browser. At least that will tell you that you have a proper directory structure in your url. I also assume you can access your site without any problems (ie, your index page).
Spunkmeyer

Return to Troubleshooting