Two different servers

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Two different servers

Postby Fonty » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:44 am

Hi all,

I have d/l Coranto and got it running smoothly. I was a bit lost at first but managed to put up everything after reading some of the posts here. However, one question remains:

Is it possible to have Coranto on one server and have the headlines to show on another? Please, notice that I want to keep the news on the server where Coranto has been installed; just need the linkable headlines I have in that server to show up on another as well. If possible, that it.

Thanks in advance.
Fonty

Postby Fonty » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:13 pm

Many thanks for the response. Nevertheless, I don't know if I follow you.
Let see:

1) I have to insert the last two codes that page sports into the headline style in Coranto.

2) Then I have to insert your code into the headline style as well.

Questions:

a) Aren't those first codes for news.txt and newsshtml procedures?
b) What do I do with my link to viewnews.cgi that's already in my headline style?
c) Which code should have to be inserted into the html page where I want the headlines to show up and that's on another server?

Ok, you have to excuse me, folks. I'm a bit dense on these matters.
Thanks.
Fonty

Postby Fonty » Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:26 pm

Yikes, it didn't work. :(

The first codes kinda screw the headlines on the news.shtml (they still show up but so does a piece of code), and the last one didn't do anything on the other server's htm page.

Thanks mucho for your help, but I think I'm still lost on this.
Fonty

Return to Troubleshooting