Problem I've got after upgrading to the latest version

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Problem I've got after upgrading to the latest version

Postby Firebrand » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:51 pm

Hi! first than anything, it's cool to see coranto still being developed :), I think it's a very powerful tool and very easy to use at the same time, which is something great for any software :).

Now, onto my problem, I've updated coranto to the latest version (1.25), my server had v 1.24, I followed the instructions provided by the documentation to update my version, everything seems to work fine, but when I try to modify or add new news items to the site, coranto just sits there while I see the loading bar in my explorer, but after a while, the browser screen just goes blank and no changes are applied to the site, I don't know what could be the problem, can someone point me to the possible causes of the problem? Thanks a lot in advance! I hope to continue seeing at the growth of this great tool 8)
I'm the ruler of the Fire Power...
Firebrand

Postby Jackanape » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:56 pm

There's a lot of things it could be, but it's probably not a 1.25 issue. However, you did overwrite your files during the upgrade, so we need to consider somethings:

Did you update your permissions again?

Could it be a problem with specified paths in your coranto.cgi? Or viewnews.cgi? Did you have them edited in your past version but not the current one?

Try doing a search of the support archives, too, as there are many instances of this that have arisen in the past, and one of them is bound to have your answer...especially given the upgrade status of your install...
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Firebrand » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:16 pm

Thanks for the help! I'll try looking there and post here what the solution was for my problem, so anyone having a similar thing will know what to do :).
Firebrand

Postby Firebrand » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Sorry for double posting, but I've managed to solve my problem, apparently deleting .htaccess from the coranto directory and uploading the one included with the latest version fixed it :).

I now have another question, how can I change the URL of the multipage addon archived news items to point to the correct location? They are pointed to the root directory of my server, even when they are placed in the same directory as coranto, can anyone help me with this small issue? Thanks in advace!
Firebrand

Return to Troubleshooting