[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Postby Coptic Soldier » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 am

Ok i have read all the other topics started related to this error, none seems to help my problem.

I have coranto set up perfectly on www.hiphopsphere.com/home.shtml

however, i have a subdomain under it www.hyjakntorcha.com (public_html/hyjakntorcha) and i am trying to display a category of news on this site. You can see the error on http://www.hyjakntorcha.com/site_files/news.shtml

currently the code i have on the shtml file is
<!--#include virtual="/public_html/news/hyjakntorcha.txt"-->

however i assure u i have tried sooooooo many differant paths its not funny.

i would really appreciate anyone who can help me!

thanks in advanced.

P.S. i know that php extension works however when i use it, it destroys the design as you can see here http://www.hyjakntorcha.com/site_files/news.php

thanks again
Coptic Soldier

Postby Jackanape » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:38 pm

Assuming that your file permissions are all good, since they're running on the other domain, have you tried:

Code: Select all
<!--#include virtual="www.hiphopsphere.com/news/hyjakntorcha.txt"-->
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby SrNupsen » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Google wrote:The value is a path relative to the directory containing the current document being parsed. It cannot contain ../, nor can it be an absolute path. Therefore, you cannot include files that are outside of the document root, or above the current document in the directory structure.

So to use include virtual you need to specify a relative path, and you can't include anything from another server or higher up in your directory tree.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Jackanape » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:11 pm

mea culpa, I'm going to have to dig into my files to find how I included news from other domains...probably php includes...
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Coptic Soldier » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:36 am

like i said guys, i have tried everything. I even put the text file in my /hyjkantorcha folder and directed it there.........same problem
Coptic Soldier

Postby Spunkmeyer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:54 am

Sometimes I have this problem as well. In the end, I just changed the extension of the page to .php and added
<?php include('absolutepathtofile'); ?>
and it works like a charm. You could even put the absolute url in the place of the absolute path of the file to make sure you're not screwing up anywhere.

I would suggest using something like Jackanape suggests if you plan on using SSI.
"God Bless the Portable Grassy Knoll"
Spunkmeyer

Postby Coptic Soldier » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:23 am

php works but destroys my design
Coptic Soldier

Postby Spunkmeyer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:35 am

how does it destroy your design? you can just use php to include HTML snippets... there shouldn't be any difference in your design just because you use PHP. For example, I use
<head>
<?php require('header.html');?>
</head>

<body onload="show_clock()">

<?php
$pagename=$_GET['page'];
require('top.html');

if ($pagename == 'articles') {
   require('content-articles.html');
}
elseif ($pagename == 'photos') {
   require('content-photos.html');
}
elseif ($pagename == 'blog') {
   require('content-blog.php');

else {
   require('content-main.php');
}
require('bottom.php');?>

</body>
</html>

This allows me to use an index page and call whatever html I want.. so in short, it outputs a full HTML, or in my case XHTML template.
Spunkmeyer

Postby Spunkmeyer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:57 am

Hey coptic...

The most common reason for the [cannot process this directive] error is the file not actually being uploaded, or present on the server. Make sure whatever you are trying to include actually exists. Also make sure that you dont need to build news for it to work. Also, depending on where you have the file you need to include, you may or may not have to use public_html
Spunkmeyer

Postby Alfie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:47 am

I have this same problem. I have used coranto many times before, and this is the first time I've run into this error.

http://www.pigskinner.net/test.shtml is the site.

I am using

<!--#include virtual="/News/news.txt"-->

Now, I'm using a new host with 8-95.com. Before I used hypermart. I know my perl directory, I have cgi, but for whatever reason, I keep getting the same error.

I've also tried

<!--#include virtual="public_html/cgi-bin/News/news.txt"-->

<!--#include virtual="http://www.pigskinner.net/public_html/cgi-bin/News/news.txt"-->

<!--#include virtual="http://www.pigskinner.net/cgi-bin/News/news.txt"-->

It's getting really frustrating because I've setup a coranto before, and it's so damn easy to use. Could it be because I'm using a CSS template?
Alfie

Postby Swordfish » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:32 pm

Try putting you news.txt in a different directory outside the cgi-bin. For example: www.mydomain.com/news/news.txt.
Hmmm.....I'd like a cup of coffe! Thanks!
Swordfish

Postby Alfie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:44 pm

So, when I do that I just need to change the place coranto builds the news.txt to right?

I'll try that when I get home from work. Thanks.
Alfie

Postby Spunkmeyer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:15 pm

Say you wanted to change your directory to www.mysite.com/news/news.txt, you would simply go into the administrator section>main settings for your Coranto setup, and change the "news files path" to whatever the server path for that directory would be (on my server, its something similar to /var/www/html/news). On rebuild, it would post news.txt into that dir.
Spunkmeyer

Postby Jackanape » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:21 pm

How did your problem work out?

Did moving the news folder out of your cgi-bin do the trick?
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Return to Troubleshooting