Custom Install

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Custom Install

Postby Div Devlin » Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:23 am

This is probably the wrong place to post and ask this. Sorry.

I was wondering if anyone does custom installs of Coranto and hacks. Ive been using newspro for years on a few sites, I tried to install coranto but failed.

Bad.

My version of newspro and hacks broke, which places me in need of a new News Engine.

This probably is not something to discuss, so if anyone would like to talk to me, email at div@gamerifts.com

Thanks,
Div
"YES! I really am a Newb."
Div Devlin

Postby msbzdragn » Sun Jul 14, 2002 4:24 pm

You'd probably be better off asking for help with the failed install; Coranto is exceedingly easy to set up. If somebody else installs it for you, there's a potential security risk (depending on who installs it and how well you know them); you may be expected to pay them, at least if you want a decent job done; and once installed you willl not have the first clue how any of it works should something go wrong with it.
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Heya ;)

Postby Div Devlin » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:33 pm

Thanks for the reply,

I had no problem with the install, as always was a cake walk and worked great. I tossed in quite a few add on's as well. The version I installed was 4.0_beta (Build 29).

The problems I had with it were configuring the News Styles, News Fields, and News Categories to work with Images and Maginot(sp?). I and two others all messed with it, decided it was to complicated for us, and gave up.

Thanks,
Div
Div Devlin

Return to Troubleshooting