News items disappeared, backup restored, now headlines gone

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

News items disappeared, backup restored, now headlines gone

Postby Egalvez » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Coranto Version: 1.24

Addons In Use: Backup, ChangeDateNew

URLs:

Home page where last five headlines and a few lines of each news item should be showing

News page where several dozen news items should be listed

Problem:

My client notified me that he lost all his news items except the last one. I went to his site and saw one lone news item on the opening page of his site. I logged into Coranto and saw only one news item there. I restored a backup file, replacing the newsdat.txt file with it, then noticed all the news items appeared when I logged into Coranto, but not on the opening page of his site. I did a full rebuild and now not even one news items shows on the opening page of his site. I notice that the news_five-headlines.txt file is zero bytes. That's the file that displays the last five news items on the opening page of the site via SSI. How can I get that file to start working again? Also, if you go to the page that lists all news items that have ever been posted, it gets cut off. The title of the 14th one is cut off right in the middle of the title and no other news items after that one are listed. Please advise.
Egalvez

Postby Dale Ray » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:24 pm

First - make a backup off site.

Check your profile settings, in particular your headline settings to be sure they are correct.

Check to see if the hosting provider has changed anything - paths, script execution time allowed, etc.

Check to see if you are running up against a full drive or a space limitation on the hosting package.

Check the server logs.

Since the headline cut off in the middle it sounds like Coranto got interrupted during execution. This could be due to no space available, the space limit on the hosting package reached, or the execution limit on the server reached.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Egalvez » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:41 pm

Thank you, Dale. The disk space limit had indeed been reached. I bumped it up for my client and now all is well.
Egalvez

Postby Dale Ray » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:26 pm

Egalvez wrote:Thank you, Dale. The disk space limit had indeed been reached. I bumped it up for my client and now all is well.

Glad I could help.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Troubleshooting