Need Help From A Newspro Veteran...

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Need Help From A Newspro Veteran...

Postby Dubcnn » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:19 pm

Can anybody help me?

I own dubcnn.com and have used Newspro since 2002 with little issues, then today, a member of my staff added some news to the database without a problem, went back to the system to correct a spelling, clicked "finish modifying news" and it just never loads....tries but just gets no where...

and the news has dissapeared from where it was displaying...

www.dubcnn.com/index.shtml

HOWEVER, all the news is still listed in the modify news section, all the archives still display - it just wont build or modify and display on the front end!?

PLEASE HELP!
Dubcnn

Postby SrNupsen » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Did you also try a full rebuild? There is a script (autobuild.cgi, try searching the old forums for it) that might help you.

And if you manage to sort this out, I would advise you to upgrade to Coranto 1.24b. Newspro support is really fading out :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Dubcnn » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:39 pm

I renamed the newspro folder and uploaded it agian and stuck in an older newsdat file to see if it was a size issue but the same thing happens!! :( - makes no sense...ive had issues like this before but it was always size on disk related...

we will be updating to coranto this year but the script link is no longer working so i dont know how to integrate the news...?!

whats the autobuild thing do?

thanks for the reply and help so far!
Dubcnn

Postby Dubcnn » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:36 pm

its 100% a build issue, have also tried submitting news and modifying news with the autobuild option disabled and it loads the page to say its been added or modified but needs building...then when i try to build it won't!

please guys your help is so vital...
Dubcnn

Postby Jackanape » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:21 pm

I'm afraid I know nothing about NewsPro, so I'm at a loss...with Coranto, I have ideas, but not in this case...

Try doing a search of the forum archives, as SrNupsen suggested, you may find a similar problem with a solution.
Jackanape

Postby Dubcnn » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:26 pm

have tried, there is very little that i can find...

dont coranto and newspro run on many of the same basic principles? obviously suggestions based on newspro would be better if ya'll have them but any ideas even coranto based may be of some help

thanks
Dubcnn

Return to Troubleshooting