Archiving stopped in February for some reason...?

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Archiving stopped in February for some reason...?

Postby Rocky » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:30 pm

Archiving has been working fine for several years, but a few days into February it stopped and I just cannot tell why,

http://www.ghostrecon.net/news/archive/ ... chive.html

If I go into Modify News, I can see all the news posts made between February and today, but for some reason they are not being archived.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks.
Rocky
Rocky

Postby driv » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:49 am

Have you got 'filter by time' set up for 90 days perhaps?
driv

Postby Rocky » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:59 am

driv wrote:Have you got 'filter by time' set up for 90 days perhaps?

In Manage Profiles > News > Edit General Settings, Filter by Number is set to 30. This is so that the news page shows the last 30 items only.

Does this also have a bearing on archiving? Because in Manage Profiles > News > Edit Archive Settings I have it set to monthly archives.

There are 8 news items in February, but only 3 of them are in the Feb archive, and there is no archive for any month after February. :shock:
Rocky
Rocky

Postby driv » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:11 am

Can you check the permissions on the archive directory to make sure it's being written to.

I would set it at 777 to make sure.
driv

Postby Rocky » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:23 am

Yes, it is 777.
Rocky
Rocky

Postby Pirate Elf » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:40 pm

How often do you back up your nsettings file? Mine did that many many years ago and it was a corrupt nsettings causing the archives not build correctly. Could be possible. Also what you could do is make another profile with the exact same'ish settings and turn of your "broken" profile. Then build news and see if it builds an archive correctly.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby Rocky » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:54 pm

Thanks for the tips. It's possible I had to use a backup of nsettings way back in February, and maybe there is something in the backup that is not uptodate. I will investigate!

I will also try the profile idea.

Thanks.
Rocky
Rocky

Postby Pirate Elf » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Rocky wrote:It's possible I had to use a backup of nsettings way back in February

Then this is probably the culprit. Something in nsettings is either wrong or corrupt. The really annoying thing (and something I would like to see if we ever get better programmers than myself back into this project) would be a check that nsettings would do to see if everything is hunky dory.

Also might I sugesst the MoveIt! addon. It backups key files that Coranto doesn't do by itself. Has saved me many many times. linky
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby driv » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:45 am

Wasn't aware of that one PE - thanks :D
driv

Postby Pirate Elf » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:20 am

driv wrote:Wasn't aware of that one PE - thanks :D

No problem since I have been using Coranto since dinosaurs walked the earth I know of a lot of the old great addons too bad many of them don't exist or are no longer being updated. Thus my extravaganza of updating the ones I know are safe to update. I'd release my version of facelift if I knew it was ok but alas it's not.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Return to Troubleshooting