Page 1 of 1

Links not displaying correctly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:55 pm
by Stoneage
I have a profile that is not displaying a link correctly, and I am really perplexed over this one. Here's what I have:

Style =
Code: Select all
<a href="<Field: CustomField_featured_url>"<Field: CustomField_featured_url_title></a>

Information submitted =
Code: Select all
featured_url_title: Some Title Here

Resulting code generated =
Code: Select all
<a href="<a href=""></a>"Some Title Here</a>

I've turned off automatic link parsing in the Change Settings. and have also set the field itself to not parse links. I can't understand why Coranto is doing this. I am wondering if one of my Coranto files is corrupt, but I don't know which one to be looking at.

Does anyone have any clues or suggestions?

Thank you in advance.


PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:04 pm
by SrNupsen
You might to open and resave the style and/or resubmit the newsitem. Try that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:11 pm
by Stoneage
I resubmitted the item and all is well! (What a relief!)

The entry field viewed in Modify had an extra copy of the url appended to it. I think the issue was that I had not turned off the automatic link parsing before I made the first entry. Once the extra url was there in the news item entry, it stayed, until I deleted it.

Thank you so much for your help.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:00 pm
by SrNupsen
What happens is actually this:

- You submit a news item. Since parse links is ON, the item is saved without the <a href part.
- You turn OFF parse links. Coranto then hard codes the <a href part into newsdat.txt and you have to remove it manually.

I had some headaches over this in the past, too :)