Ok.. Upgrade Instructions?

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Ok.. Upgrade Instructions?

Postby Pirate Elf » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:09 am

Not sure if anyone with access to the repository is aware of this but 1.25 has no upgrade instructions. I am attempting an upgrade by memory so wish me luck, but yeah this should be fixed by anyone with the ability. I know few people come here anymore but still that makes the product look even worse. I am testing to see if the 1.25.1 build is finally fixed of the style glitches that caused me so many headaches in 1.25

Ok I think it goes like this for upgrading it worked on mine but haven't thoroughly tested it.

I use a lot of custom sub-routines in my cruser.pl so I didn't upgrade that and it seems to not be a problem. Also yes 1.25.1 does fix the style error that was happening with 1.25
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Same issue here...

Postby Allenhuffman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:18 am

I'm trying to do an update from 1.24, myself, and without Upgrade, my attempt to copy all files but the news txt and the settings disabled my Coranto ;-) Glad I made a backup.

So I guess some upgrade tips would be useful.

Postby SrNupsen » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:25 pm

Since you allready have a backup (good for you!) I'm tempted to give to this advice - upload all files EXCEPT for the following ones:

Also, if you have any custom subroutines inside cruser.pl, you want to copy and paste them into the new cruser.pl. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry - it doesn't apply to you :)

When you're done uploading, check all permissions. Report back here if you run into trouble!
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis

Postby driv » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi PirateElf,

I'm just curious, from what version are you upgrading?

I'm runnning a v1.25.1 and a v1.22 and (apart from admin css) I really can't see any difference.

I do recall reading that things were 'mostly' cosmetic and removal of amphibianweb links etc, but I can't find version notes that specify the differences.

Postby Jackanape » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:22 am

Here is a link to the changelog at Sourceforge:

http://coranto.cvs.sourceforge.net/*che ... xt%2Fplain
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Postby driv » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:52 pm

ok - thanks for that.

I guess I need to upgrade then.
(I always get twitchy before an upgrade :( )

Return to Troubleshooting