Problem !!

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Problem !!

Postby AndyP » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:42 am

I did my last rebuild with no issues a few days ago. Today I log in and find it won't rebuild, permissions error on a file and then that a category has gone missing. I use Tintinabulum (I know it's not recommended but i've managed to get through with it for years and can't change now).

I actually have backups and need some advice on whether rolling back to previous versions of newsdat.txt and nsettings.cgi should do the trick ?
AndyP

Postby SrNupsen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:13 am

First, do a backup of whatever you got now (NOT overwriting any previous backups you have made!)

Then provide us with the full error message. If it involves files like ndtmp1, ndtmp2 or similar, you might be able to solve your problem by deleting those temporary files and then doing a full rebuild.

But as I said - be more specific, and you'll get more specific answers :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby AndyP » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:20 pm

This was a weird problem. After posting this, I didn't check my installation for a few days. But when I next logged in the categories were there (the ones that were missing) - something which I just can't figured out. Anyways, I did a rebuild and there was a dump error and as you suggested I deleted the file and did a full rebuild which sorted it.

Thankful but confused as to how it partially fixed itself.
AndyP

Postby Dale Ray » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:42 pm

AndyP wrote:Thankful but confused as to how it partially fixed itself.

Lack of disk space on the server can cause problems when building news. It could be that your server was low on space when you had the problem. If you are paying for remote hosting the amount you have left in your storage quota may not reflect the actual space on the drive.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Troubleshooting