Disappearing news items

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Disappearing news items

Postby Dtmp » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:52 am

I've experienced this on a couple of my installations of Coranto 1.24 lately. When I make some sort of update, such as add some categories, profiles or styles or in one case the changedate addon, I lose some of my news items in one or more categories. They appear in the modify news section, but are not in the appropriate txt files. I tried a full rebuild, no luck. I tried altering the news item in modify, no luck. The only thing I've found to work is to copy it into a new item and submit. Interestingly the "Powered by Coranto" link at the bottom reverts back to "amphibianweb.com."
Dtmp

I finally figured it out - DOH!

Postby Dtmp » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:29 am

In my best Homer Simpson voice, "DOH!"
The profiles of my news items were set to only show news items for 30 days (I guess it's the default when you create one). So Coranto was just doing it's job when they disappeared. I just couldn't figure out why they were in the "modify" items and not displaying on the news page.
Dtmp

Postby SrNupsen » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:47 am

Hm yeah. That's true about the 30 days being default. I've pointed it out before, as I don't think it should be the default. But then I forgot all about it.

Glad you fixed it, though!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Return to Troubleshooting