Jibberish when posting news.

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Jibberish when posting news.

Postby Obscura1560 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:35 pm

Whenever I post news, instead of it coming out properly in the news.php file, it shows like:

Code: Select all
Test``xJames``xTest``xEElAkyVFyykRWRRYgr``x1189265366``x(default) Welcome to NG MMA!``xJames``xThe site is ready.``xEElAkyulyplVczIRxh``x1189264860``x(default)

I have used both an SSI include and I am now using a PHP include, but they both have similar results.

I have renamed the necessary files (for example, used .shtml and .php), and cannot find a way to fix this.

Thanks.
Obscura1560

Postby Jackanape » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:52 pm

There isn't a news.php file...there is a news.txt file...

Can you share your includes with us?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby SrNupsen » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:01 pm

You are including your news database (newsdat.txt) instead of the output of your news profile (news.txt). The gibberish you see is actually your newsitems as they are stored inside newsdat.txt
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Dale Ray » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:39 pm

Whatever method you use (CGI, PHP) to include your news into your final page you include the output file of the profile. As SrNupsen stated you seem to be including the newsdat.txt file which is the actual news database in raw unformatted form.

You should be included the profile's output file. Here is a picture of the profile settings page. You should pay particular attention to the output filename and path as defined in these settings.

You may want to review Coranto - Installation to First News Item and the other documentation at the Docs Site.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Troubleshooting