Anyone have any ideas why my install won't work??

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Anyone have any ideas why my install won't work??

Postby Jackanape » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:04 pm

I'm setting up a test server on a USB stick, with Uniform Server, and I can't get Coranto working. To be certain, I tested another Perl script, and it works fine. So, the path seems OK. This has something to do with Coranto, specifically, and I can't put my finger on it, even after an exhaustive search here.

I have also run the scripts through dos2unix, and even tested with an installation of 1.25.1. Still nothing.

I hope someone here has a fair idea of what the problem may be.

Here's the error I'm getting:
Coranto v1.31.5

Fatal Error

An error has occurred. The exact description of the error is:

Could not include file crlib.pl. The file, however, appears to exist. This usually indicates some form of syntax error in the file. Message: Can't locate subs.pm in @INC (@INC contains: W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto W:/usr/lib . .) at W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/crlib.pl line 219.BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/crlib.pl line 219.Compilation failed in require at W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi line 80.

If this error indicates a problem that you don't know how to solve, see the Coranto documentation and FAQ. If these resources don't help, make a (detailed!) post to the Coranto Forum.
USEFUL INFORMATION
Perl may have generated the following error: No such file or directory
Stack Trace:

(eval) in W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi, line 36
main in W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi, line 40
RunCoranto in W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi, line 72
StartUp in W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/crcore.pl, line 51
NeedFile in W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/crcore.pl, line 18
CRdie in W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi, line 81

Perl Version: 5.008008
Script Version: 1.31.5
Script Build: 50
Script RC: 0
Script URL: http://localhost/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
@INC:

* W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto
* W:/usr/lib

Script Location (Method 1): W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
Script Location (Method 2): .

ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SCRIPT_NAME: /jink/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
SERVER_NAME: localhost
SERVER_ADMIN: admin@localhost
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip,deflate
HTTP_CONNECTION: keep-alive
REQUEST_METHOD: GET
SYSTEMROOT: C:\WINDOWS
HTTP_ACCEPT: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
SCRIPT_FILENAME: W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
COMSPEC: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache/2.0.59 (Win32) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.3
HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
WINDIR: C:\WINDOWS
QUERY_STRING:
REMOTE_PORT: 4520
PATHEXT: .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6
SERVER_PORT: 80
SERVER_SIGNATURE:
Apache/2.0.59 (Win32) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.3 Server at localhost Port 80

HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us,en;q=0.5
REMOTE_ADDR: 127.0.0.1
HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE: 300
SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
PATH: C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
REQUEST_URI: /jink/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI/1.1
SERVER_ADDR: 127.0.0.1
DOCUMENT_ROOT: W:/www/
HTTP_HOST: localhost

MESSAGE: Could not include file crlib.pl. The file, however, appears to exist. This usually indicates some form of syntax error in the file. Message: Can't locate subs.pm in @INC (@INC contains: W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto W:/usr/lib . .) at W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/crlib.pl line 219.BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/crlib.pl line 219.Compilation failed in require at W:/www/jink/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi line 80.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Dale Ray » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:14 pm

If you are running this on a windows machine try putting the location of the files into the windows path. You may also want to read this post in the Uniform Server forum, it seems that the perl install included is not complete and that may be causing the problem.

You can also look at the apache error log to see if it gives more info.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Jackanape » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:35 am

You were right, Dale. The partial install of Perl on Uniform Server was the problem. All I had to do was overwrite the lib files, and all was well!

I plan to write up a how-to piece to help out others who may want to begin contributing...it's a great testing and dev environment!
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Return to Troubleshooting