Anyone AT all still here?

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Anyone AT all still here?

Postby Rm125t » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:46 am

I've used Coranto for years. Then left it for Drupal and WordPress. But I have a really basic personal project that I would like to use it for again.

For some reason I can't seem to remember how to make Coranto delete old posts/articles off of the server, once I've deleted them in the admin section.

Is it not possible to have Coranto COMPLETELY delete an old post off of the server?

For example, when I go into "Modify News" and delete an item, it doesn't show up on my website anymore, BUT it is still in the server folder that I have my "content" files written to. SO Google and other search engine bots can still log that file. I do not want that to happen.

Can anyone help me figure out how to permanently delete DELETED files? Hope that makes sense.
Rm125t

Re: Anyone AT all still here?

Postby YushDon » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:25 am

Hi Rm125t. I was just passing by and saw your SOS! If I had that same problem the easiest way I can think of solving that problem of deleting all posts from the server and from Coranto would be to log onto my FTP account and physically delete the files, delete the newsdat.txt file, then disable add-ons and profiles. Might not be the 'ideal' but it will get the job done.
YushDon

Re: Anyone AT all still here?

Postby Dale Ray » Sun May 08, 2016 9:14 am

Suggestions here for deleting files.

I do check in every now and again.

Off the top of my head I would think that you might be able to delete files usng perl in a profile, but I have not tested that at all.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Troubleshooting