WYSIWYG solution badly needed

Post your requests for addons here, and discuss any addons in development here, as well.
Once an addon has completed development, it will be released in the "Addon Release" forum.

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

WYSIWYG solution badly needed

Postby Abbeyvet » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:22 pm

Webwriter worked pretty well, though each version has its shortcomings, but is now non-functional in IE7. The generic editor addon seems to be unavailable now, or at least I can't find a working link to it.

Thus effectively there is no workable wysiwyg editor at the moment. This may not seem a big deal to those who are happy just entering their content in html, but for many users of Coranto installations it makes it pretty much impossible to use effectively.

Am I missing something? I honestly believe that without a good WYSIWYG addon Coranto is seriously devalued as a choice for a cms/news manager, which is a shame as it continues to beat any other ones I have tried by miles.

I wish I had the knowledge to create such an addon, but I don't.
Abbeyvet

Postby Dale Ray » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:51 pm

See this thread for the RTE wysiwyg addon.

There is also the Textile addon - which takes a different approach than wysiwyg.

QuickTags provides a menu bar with clickable buttons for inserting html code and is easily customized.

You can download GEA here.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Addon Development and Requests