Tabbing stories

Post your requests for addons here, and discuss any addons in development here, as well.
Once an addon has completed development, it will be released in the "Addon Release" forum.

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Tabbing stories

Postby AndyP » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:56 am

This seems to be one of the latest innovations around the web, tabbing news stories on sites. There are two different ways that I've seen for tabbing stories :

1. Where users tab a new story if it interests you and the most popular stories are then listed on the site

2. Where users associate key words with stories and the search system then uses those to find suitable similar stories (which is quite effective because it means that the search is far more efficient).

Two ideas, I was wondering if there were any ways of these being developed for Coranto.
AndyP

Postby Dale Ray » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:53 pm

Do you mean taGGing stories?

I think that the SearchNews addon addresses the scond part of your post.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby AndyP » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:45 pm

Yea, tagging :) I had just visited gametab.com and got tab in my head. Search news does a news search very effetively, that part is true, but to have users actually associate key words with each story for more efficient searching (because a search would search only key words that are the most tagged in a story) and engage in that kind of interactivity with the site would just be a nice feature to add.

Just an idea really.
AndyP

Return to Addon Development and Requests