Multipart Feature Request

Post your requests for addons here, and discuss any addons in development here, as well.
Once an addon has completed development, it will be released in the "Addon Release" forum.

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Multipart Feature Request

Postby Pirate Elf » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:23 pm

I was thinking about a feature I would like to see in multipart that I don't think it has. I know you can limit uploads by maxium bytes but would there be anyway to limit uploads based on picture size? Like giving the option to specify only images from 100x100 or less are allowed? It's just a thought and wanted to see how it would stand up and if it were possible
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Re: Multipart Feature Request

Postby Parahead » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:41 am

Pirate Elf wrote:I know you can limit uploads by maxium bytes but would there be anyway to limit uploads based on picture size? Like giving the option to specify only images from 100x100 or less are allowed?
Yes, it is possible to implement. Normally when detecting the size of an image there are several different approaches that could be used (example through Javascript or PHP), but since we are talking about an image that is uploaded to the server the options are more limited. I would say that it has to be done on the server side by using the NetBPM module (currently only needed if the thumbnail feature is required). I have added this request to the TODO-list for Multipart.

I have had some ideas about making Multipart more generic by having support for other image packeges like GD or ImageMagick. I have not decided if it is a good idea to implement this into Multipart or to re-write Multipart as a totaly new addon instead. Either way it is a rather large task and there is other more important stuff (for me anyway) to attend to...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Re: Multipart Feature Request

Postby Pirate Elf » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am

Parahead wrote:I have added this request to the TODO-list for Multipart.

:pray:

Parahead wrote:...Either way it is a rather large task and there is other more important stuff (for me anyway) to attend to...

I understand work/releasing stable 1.30/social life. Just cool deal that it gave you some ideas to maybe implement in the future As it is now my workaround works for this so just good that you might one day get around to it.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Return to Addon Development and Requests