Maginot Slice Option - First Letter of Selected Field?

Post your requests for addons here, and discuss any addons in development here, as well.
Once an addon has completed development, it will be released in the "Addon Release" forum.

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Maginot Slice Option - First Letter of Selected Field?

Postby Dale Ray » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:39 pm

This Thread raises an interesting point.

Currently the only field you can you can slice by first letter with Maginot is the subject. Can this be changed to allow the user to pick the field to slice by first letter, so that items can be grouped in one file based on the field selected.

This would allow grouping of the same information alphabetically using any field.

This option would give Maginot sliced profiles even more flexibility. Maybe have a selection box for slice field and another for options like:

First Letter
First Word
Whole Field

Or, am I missing something? Can the request in this thread be accomplished in another way?
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Re: Maginot Slice Option - First Letter of Selected Field?

Postby Parahead » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:17 pm

Dale Ray wrote:Maybe have a selection box for slice field and another for options like:

First Letter
First Word
Whole Field
I think this is a good suggestion! Just to elaborate this thought all the way, it would mean that the first selection box would contain all the "normal" fields that is in the Slice Field box today, but take all the [xxx] options out of there and put them in the second selection box and make them more generic (where applicable), leaving the second box looking something like this:
Month and Year
Year and Month Numericly
Year, Month and Day Numericly
Name it index.html
Ten items per page
First letter of Selected Field
First Word of Selected Field
Lowercase Selected Field

Is there any other type of slice that would be interesting? A suggestion to make Maginot able to produce even more complicated slices has been discussed in this thread and specifically this particular post contains a description of how to create a custom slice for anyone in immediate need...

When time permits I will dig into this and see if I can implent the suggestion mentioned in this thread or maybe even multiple slice fields as discussed in the other thread...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby VZey » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:02 am

Is there any word on if the features requested here and in this thread will be added in the near future? Or should I just change my subject field to Artist and make a custom field for the subject field?[list=][/list]
VZey

Postby Parahead » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:51 pm

VZey wrote:Is there any word on if the features requested here and in this thread will be added in the near future?
Parahead wrote:When time permits I will dig into this...
You see, it is summertime, I have a day job, a house, a wife and two kids, 3 weeks vacation in a week...

VZey wrote:Or should I just change my subject field to Artist and make a custom field for the subject field?
Parahead wrote:specifically this particular post contains a description of how to create a custom slice for anyone in immediate need...
But you could do it your way too...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Addon Development and Requests