Suggestion/Request/Help - Multi-Page With Maginot

Post your requests for addons here, and discuss any addons in development here, as well.
Once an addon has completed development, it will be released in the "Addon Release" forum.

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Suggestion/Request/Help - Multi-Page With Maginot

Postby johnsonben » Sat May 01, 2004 1:43 am

Does anyone know how to use multipage with Maginot (the static maginot article can encompass more than one page, for instance Article.html and Article-2.html?

Or, if this needs to be coded separately, is anyone willing to do it?
johnsonben

Postby Hal » Sat May 01, 2004 3:18 am

I'd like to second that.

However, I'll elaborate.

I'm using sliced profiles extensively, but I'd like to limit the number of items per sliced profile page. Here's an example sliced profile page I'm working on, so you can get an idea of what I have in mind:
http://www.altpixel.com/bysubject/Grunge.shtml

Ultimately, I'd like to have only 12 images per page (there aren't enough items populating the database yet to hit that number, but there will be), and from there split it into as many pages as are necessary... by clicking links on the sidebar, you can see that I'm doing that with a sliced index of some of the items I've got populated in the database.

Anyway, being as "Ten Items per Page" is a valid Sliced Profile option, I'm going to deduce that it's possible for sliced profiles to be split into multiple pages, but they can't be split by both the "10 items" AND a slice field.

If anybody has any comments or suggestions on how to go about doing this, let me know, otherwise, consider it a Maginot feature request. I have limited Perl knowledge, but I think given enough time and patience, I might be able to hack it into Maginot, although it'd be nice to see it make it into the official release, posted by the author herself, as I don't really trust the stability of my own Perl code.
<Field: CustomField_Signature>
Hal

Postby Parahead » Sun May 02, 2004 8:16 pm

Hal wrote:Anyway, being as "Ten Items per Page" is a valid Sliced Profile option, I'm going to deduce that it's possible for sliced profiles to be split into multiple pages, but they can't be split by both the "10 items" AND a slice field.

If anybody has any comments or suggestions on how to go about doing this, let me know, otherwise, consider it a Maginot feature request. I have limited Perl knowledge, but I think given enough time and patience, I might be able to hack it into Maginot, although it'd be nice to see it make it into the official release, posted by the author herself, as I don't really trust the stability of my own Perl code.

Having a profile slicing on multiple fields has been discussed in this thread and hopefully it will be a feature for the next release...

Depending on how much Perl you know maybe you can use the primitive solution I provide in that thread and tweak it for your needs untill then?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Addon Development and Requests