Addon Request - new multiple selection field

Post your requests for addons here, and discuss any addons in development here, as well.
Once an addon has completed development, it will be released in the "Addon Release" forum.

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Re: Addon Request - new multiple selection field

Postby hstrafor » Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:34 pm

Zexion wrote:I also have fields that contain SPECIFIC entries in dropdown or a radio button dependin on what field it is, and then use FBF to select and include by the field entry.

I'm having trouble getting Filter By Field add-on working ( http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3951 ).. did you encounter any difficulty? What version of the add-on and coranto are you using?

Thanks!
hstrafor

Postby Sumaleth » Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:32 am

Dont use FBF with any version of Coranto higher than 1.03 RC9.
Sumaleth

YES! Please

Postby DreamStatic » Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:00 pm

A mutiple selection field would so rock! Would make my glossary go away! Please write this, would help my non-techy posters keep from making glossary term errors! Thanks for the wonderful software!
DreamStatic

Postby InSAnE NiNjA » Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:19 pm

a series of checkboxes are the same, if you program it right
InSAnE NiNjA

Postby l0rdphi1 » Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:12 am

A multiselect option for select fields was talked about... but I think lawrence either forgot about it or is hiding from it ;) :P
l0rdphi1

Postby Mavmesa » Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:16 am

I can see how I can edit "Modify News : Include Field" to support a multiple selected value field; I don't see how I could include several different fields that make a selection matrix. I would not know which fields to combine in one display cell.

I think the multi-selected value field gives more flexibility.

Along the same line, a multiple-selected value field for FBF2 would also be nice, and that is Sumaleth's territory. I appreciate his work. It just would be nice to have the same functionality of selecting multiple values from one field to include in the filter, same as selecting multiple categories in include in a profile.

Ken
Mavmesa

Previous

Return to Addon Development and Requests