Add-On Request

Post your requests for addons here, and discuss any addons in development here, as well.
Once an addon has completed development, it will be released in the "Addon Release" forum.

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Postby shep » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:49 am

I've given this a try, but being very new to Perl (or any scripting language for that matter) and not all that familiar with Coranto, I'm getting absolutely nowhere. Kriko, you said something about this being an easy addon. Any chance you have the time to work on this? Anyone?
shep

Perl code for pre-defined expiration date?

Postby orezero » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:04 pm

Unfortunately, Perl coding is beyond my limited ability to understand, so I'm hoping that one of you smart people will be willing to do a little hand-holding for me.

I'd like to use the code here to make items expire on my site, but I'd like to set things up so that the user doesn't have the option to set the expiration date for the news item he/she creates; in other words, I'd like a modified version of the code that would simply delete all news postings on, say, July 1st of every year. That way, I can build a school web site that will allow parent volunteers and teachers to post stuff without having to remember to purge it when the school year ends.

Thanks in advance for any help that any of ya'll can give me.
orezero

Postby cerberos76_ » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:59 pm

orezero,
your request is extremly simple. To delete all entries in your Coranto, simply delete the file newsdat.txt (or better: delete all its content and leave the empty file) and then do a full rebuild.
All structure will remain, but all content will be gone. This is of course if you use dynamic news.
For static news (hard Maginot files), you would need to take care of Maginot files. Again easy, but takes a few lines of perl...
Coranto addons:
* GuestPost, one click guestposting
* MoveIt!, Advanced Backup and site transfer
* PartialRebuild, CPU-friendly enhancement of FullBuild
* URLColumn, URLs for multiple Categories/Profiles
* Tickit!, Javascript News Tickers/Faders for Coranto!
* AddonEnabler, enables or disables single, multiple or all addons in one go
* SubmitMultiple, post consecutive news in an automatic loop!
* RSSAdvanced, RelatedNews ....

Get them at: http://coranto.gweilo.org/addons/
cerberos76_

addon yet?

Postby tarkin789 » Fri May 28, 2004 11:23 pm

has anyone created this requested addon yet? so much talk about it being simple....can any of you capable perl types whip it out? Having an addon would be fantastic....expiration date...makes good sense, and it's something i need. thanks in advance for any help given....

-Andrew
tarkin789

Re: addon yet?

Postby Parahead » Sat May 29, 2004 8:41 am

tarkin789 wrote:has anyone created this requested addon yet? so much talk about it being simple....can any of you capable perl types whip it out? Having an addon would be fantastic....expiration date...makes good sense, and it's something i need. thanks in advance for any help given....
ChangeDateNew 3.2 has this feature, follow the links in my singature...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

great

Postby tarkin789 » Sat May 29, 2004 5:51 pm

Wonderful, thank you very much!

What happens to the news items when they expire?
tarkin789

Re: great

Postby Parahead » Sat May 29, 2004 7:00 pm

tarkin789 wrote:Wonderful, thank you very much!

What happens to the news items when they expire?
Nothing happens "physically" to the newsitems at the moment, they are just filtered out when the building is done. Have plans to make it possible to change the category a newsitem belongs to though...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby orezero » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:29 pm

cerberos76 wrote:orezero,
your request is extremly simple. To delete all entries in your Coranto, simply delete the file newsdat.txt (or better: delete all its content and leave the empty file) and then do a full rebuild.
All structure will remain, but all content will be gone. This is of course if you use dynamic news.
For static news (hard Maginot files), you would need to take care of Maginot files. Again easy, but takes a few lines of perl...

Cerberos --

Thanks a lot for your reply. Of course your advice is good, simple and helpful. My problem is that I am no longer going to be overseeing the web site in question; parent volunteers are, and I was hoping that there might be an add-on somewhere that could purge these files automatically after a certain date so that I don't have to panic the parents with things like FTP.
orezero

Previous

Return to Addon Development and Requests