X-Multisubmit request

Post your requests for addons here, and discuss any addons in development here, as well.
Once an addon has completed development, it will be released in the "Addon Release" forum.

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

X-Multisubmit request

Postby jrthor2 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:00 pm

In the settings for this addon, for the Direct "Submit News" page to option, I have it set to "chose a submit page menu." But, when any user logs in, they see all of the categories listed on that page, not just the ones they are set up for. Can this be fixed? This is a great addon, but needs tweaked a bit for the user permissions to actually work right.

Thanks!
jrthor2

Postby l0rdphi1 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 9:31 pm

Categories and submit pages are not the same thing -- category permissions do not apply to submit pages but, of course, they still apply to the category box on the submit pages themselves.

XMS 2.0 was going to support submit page permissions but XMS 2.0 was trashed due to newer and better things.
l0rdphi1

Postby Molla_marru » Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:08 am

When you say " XMS 2.0 was going to support submit page permissions but XMS 2.0 was trashed due to newer and better things" Do you mean that XMS is not going to support 'submit page permissions' in the future. I guess it was going to be nice feature had it supperted that feature. I could still be able to do it using Tintinnabulum but the ' pages' list will still show up in submit list, even though the user can't post on them.

My question: Is there other way to control permission on submit list beside XMS or that supports XMS?
Molla_marru

Postby l0rdphi1 » Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:14 am

Category permissions
l0rdphi1

Return to Addon Development and Requests