Coranto Comments System = $500

Post your requests for addons here, and discuss any addons in development here, as well.
Once an addon has completed development, it will be released in the "Addon Release" forum.

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Postby Alexv » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:34 pm

Nothing. It does not depend on any database at all (except it's own). Doesn't even need Coranto installed. I tried to make it as simple as possible.
aka on ctus: alexv, aerosoul, billgates
Alexv

Postby GabeT » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:36 pm

Ok then, I gotta see why it's not working. I'll mess around with it.
GabeT

Postby Alexv » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:39 pm

My mistake, forgot a variable. I've re-uploaded the file with the updated iSayLite.pl. Edit the variable $me at the top and over-write the existing one.
aka on ctus: alexv, aerosoul, billgates
Alexv

Postby GabeT » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:57 pm

Got it working! Works great, but is there a way to have it send you back to the content page after post?
GabeT

Postby Sknil » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:39 am

Alex, nice! I haven't had time to go through it, yet, but it looks good so far, and I wanted you to know I am still around and honoring this commission:)
Sknil

Postby Hrvoje » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:43 pm

looking forward to stable release :-)
Hrvoje

Postby Jerobi » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:30 pm

Can we see a demo of this in action? I use iSay and I'd love to compare...
Jerobi

Postby BJv » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:20 pm

iSay lite works prefectly and it's almost exactly what I'm looking for: a simple comment system right below the news articles that allows you to change the look of it to anything you like and it works perfectly on maginot static php pages.

The problem for me is that there seems to be no way to easily delete abusive comments, I would like to assign some mods or something who can delete abusive comments and possibly ban IP adresses.
I'm afraid to turn this thing loose on the public as it is, it leaves alot of room for abuse especially with my kind of site audience (sadly).

I cannot get the regular iSay addon to work for me with my maginot static php pages + I don't think it can show the comments, message forms directly under the news like this nice little addon on does so I hope to see this thing developed a little further :wink:

It's the only thing missing for me in Coranto right now, easily maintainable comments directly under the news articles (preferably with registered users only). This format has proven to be very succesful as of late. I don't even want to think about having to switch to some other script since Coranto works so well in all other areas.
BJv

Re: Coranto Comments System = $500

Postby BJv » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:04 pm

Is there any way to have iSay lite create a .dat file for each seperate news article?
BJv

Postby Gianni » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:55 am

Alexv wrote:For those that like to tinker: http://www.85m.com/junk/iSayLite.rar

I wrote that this morning due to the non-stop nagging (:p) from a fellow forum member. The end result can be seen here: http://www.85m.com/coranto/news.html

It's just two files. Make sure the path to perl is correct at the top of iSayLite.pl. Upload them to the same directory as coranto.cgi. CHMOD iSayLite.pl to 0755 and iSayLite_data.dat to 666.

There is no administration panel, and very little configuration options (and they can be found at the top of iSayLite.pl).

My news-style is as follows:
<h1><Field: Subject></h1><br />
Posted by <Field: User> on <Field: Date><br /><br />
<Field: Text>
<br /><br /><h1>Comments</h1><br />
<script language="javascript" src="iSayLite.pl?id=<Field: newsid>&js=1"></script>

The important bit there is the javascript call... make sure you place the correct URL to iSayLite.pl there.

The script is actually completely independent of Coranto, so feel free to use it with whatever id's you like (if you don't know what I mean, don't worry about it).

You will probably want to extract the CSS from the source code of the generated pages (look for anything that starts with "comment").

Alex (or others):
- is this addon available for download?

The links above are pointing to a 404 page now.
Gianni

Previous

Return to Addon Development and Requests