Custom Fields addon request

Post your requests for addons here, and discuss any addons in development here, as well.
Once an addon has completed development, it will be released in the "Addon Release" forum.

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Custom Fields addon request

Postby SrNupsen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi Parahead (yes, you are still around - I can sense it)

I got a probably rather simple request for the Custom Fields addon - you see, I am playing with using a concatenation field for naming files created by my Maginot static profile.

Basically I want filenames like this: <Field: newstime>-<Field: Subject>

... the reason being that I don't want people entering the same Subject for two news items and end up building the two resulting files "on top of each other".

BUT

on the settings page for my concatenation field, where I can specify which fields to concatenate, neither newstime nor newsid are included? Do you think it would be difficult to include them in the next release, or is there any particular reason you haven't done so allready?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Re: Custom Fields addon request

Postby Parahead » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:08 pm

SrNupsen wrote:on the settings page for my concatenation field, where I can specify which fields to concatenate, neither newstime nor newsid are included? Do you think it would be difficult to include them in the next release, or is there any particular reason you haven't done so allready?
The concat field is currently only working on normal news fields, newstime and newsid are "internal" Coranto fields.

I can take a look at this, but it will take some days before I have time and energy. If you haven't heard from me in a week, please send me a (regular private) mail, OK?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Addon Development and Requests