Any addon coders left? If so any help?

Post your requests for addons here, and discuss any addons in development here, as well.
Once an addon has completed development, it will be released in the "Addon Release" forum.

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Any addon coders left? If so any help?

Postby Pirate Elf » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:54 pm

Well now that the forums are back up I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am working on an addon Idea I had a few years ago and finally got around to working on. The problem I am having is I cannot make coranto see where the variable is. To explain:

The addon makes new fields for the user fields like a checkbox and drop down boxes. However I can't view the edited information for anything other than single line and multiline. I need the addon to be able to read from the actual field so say this:

I have a checkbox

Checkbox Field: (Unchecked)
I go to my user prefs and check the box and save.
Coranto accepts that the check is there but if I go back to my prefs it shows
Checkbox Field: (Unchecked)

Where is the sub or hook that will actually be able to make coranto read the new fields I am adding? If you want I can post the addon so you can take a look at what I am doing.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby Pirate Elf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:32 am

Can anyone take a look at this and tell me what is wrong?

Code: Select all
if ($userDB{$i}->{'FieldType'} == 2) {
        my $curval = $userdata{$username}->{$i};
    $ucode = $ucode = qq~<select name="$i" size="$userDB{$i}->{'FieldSize'}"><option value="$curval">$curval</option>~ . join('', map { '<option ' . ($_ =~ /^\[(.+)\]/ ? 'selected>' . HTMLescape($1) : '>' . HTMLescape($_)) . '</option>' } split(/\|/, $userDB{$i}->{'Options'})) . '</select>';

I can't figure how to make the darn field show the current value except by doing it this way but it looks all screwy and the option to have a default option shows regardless of the current value.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Return to Addon Development and Requests