Removing / adding posts automatically on a set date.

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Removing / adding posts automatically on a set date.

Postby MrQwest » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:45 am

Im running a website at the moment for a nightclub based in London. Every month, it holds an event, and this is shown on the front page.

Now, when the event passes, i ALWAYS forget to remove it and put up the next flyer. Is it possible to get Coranto to automatically remove the flyer once the event date has passed?

OR...

At the moment, the flyer is shown using a Coranto profile which only displays one post. Could i add all the future events to this profile, but then only show one by one once a certain date has passed?..

For example, if there are 3 events coming up (Nov, Dec & Jan)

Once Novembers event has passed, the Dec event flyer is automatically posted or shown on the front page?

Is this at all possible?
MrQwest

Postby Dale Ray » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:41 pm

You want to use the addon ChangeDateNew. It adds the ability to specify a future date, to filter out future posts, and to move old posts to another category. News items will be moved or added when news is built.

If you want news to be automatically built you will need the AutoBuild addon. You must be able to run a cron job to use AutoBuild.

These are available from the Addon Download Page
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby MrQwest » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:18 pm

Thanks for that Dale.

I was kind of hoping there would be a way other than using a cron job, as i dont think i have access to that.
MrQwest

Return to Customization