Maginot and photoalbum

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Maginot and photoalbum

Postby akarlska » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:14 am

This is the third night i'm up trying to figure out how to solve my problem. I've ploved through alot of topics but I have a feeling I'm only digging myself deeper. Here is what i want to to:

I want to have a photo gallery with a tree structures something like this:

So far i've set up four different categories and a Maginot Sliced Profile. The Maginot sliced profile creates a single file for each of the pictures (read: newsitems) that i upload, so far so good right? Here's my problem:

How can i create one Index page where my categories link to a page with thumbnails? Creating the thumbs and all is working good, but i have only managed to create one index file with the thumbs of all the pictures in my four categories. I've tried both Slice Index and Slice Multi Index, I'm clearly not on top of things...something I've noticed that Parahead strongly recommends.

Any hints...?
We're just, two lost swimming in a fishbole...year after year.

Running Coranto 1.24, and every addon you can think of.
akarlska

Postby Esstee » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:07 pm

I like your idea.

I once created a setup using a free php script that created thumbnails and alternate images with Coranto. It worked rather well.

I also considered making a photo gallery with Coranto and decided to try a turnkey script instead for whatever reason. Now seeing this has re-inspired the idea. Keep us posted on your progress I have some scheduled timed coming up in 1.5 weeks, I would like to jump in on this.
I went deeper into the belly of Coranto and look! I found maginot.
Esstee

Re: Maginot and photoalbum

Postby Parahead » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:09 pm

The middle section pages can be created with a Sliced Profile, slicing on category. Then the root page could be created with a Sliced Index Profile.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby akarlska » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:06 pm

Jepp, thats what I found out. But what about when you stumble across a problem like this: http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight= When the root page just simply vanished...then reapeares....then vanished again.
We're just, two lost swimming in a fishbole...year after year.

Running Coranto 1.24, and every addon you can think of.
akarlska

Return to Customization