Maginot question... actually two of them :)

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Maginot question... actually two of them :)

Postby Hrvoje » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:22 am

hello, i use maginot static profile and default one... i put <? include("video/title.txt") ?> on my main page, then i created maginot profile, and added function to it ...
in my news style's i added maginot link to my html generated articles, but whenever i change news stlye and click 'build news' article becomes same as it was, only the NEWLY created article is changed and the old ones stays the same... how can this be fixed, or it cant be?

Also i have question, my articles are filenames by date, so they look like: http://www.bajlo-design.com/zapisi/1152744393.html

my question is, is there any way to add filenames as this: DAY/DATE/YEAR/ARTICLEID.html

like: 12072006/1/index.html

12=day
07=month
2006=year
1=first article of that day
index.html=the article...

thanks! Parahead would be appropriate for this, right? anyway thans alot whoever answers!
Hrvoje

Postby Hrvoje » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:26 am

any1?
Hrvoje

Postby Parahead » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:07 pm

Hrvoje wrote:in my news style's i added maginot link to my html generated articles, but whenever i change news stlye and click 'build news' article becomes same as it was, only the NEWLY created article is changed and the old ones stays the same... how can this be fixed, or it cant be?
In the admin page there is an option named "Full Rebuild", have you tried using that?

Hrvoje wrote:Also i have question, my articles are filenames by date, so they look like: http://www.bajlo-design.com/zapisi/1152744393.html
This is mentioned in the documentation for the addon... At the maginot profile settings page you can use <Field: X> in the "File Path" and "Directory URL" fields, which is for the creation of the path up to the actual filename. The filename is created based on what you choose under the "Maginot Static Page Settings" headline, where one of the options at the field "Static Type" is using lowercase static field and as static field (in the field below) you choose newsid. Simple as that...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Hrvoje » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:47 am

Hrvoje wrote:Also i have question, my articles are filenames by date, so they look like: http://www.bajlo-design.com/zapisi/1152744393.html
This is mentioned in the documentation for the addon... At the maginot profile settings page you can use <Field: X> in the "File Path" and "Directory URL" fields, which is for the creation of the path up to the actual filename. The filename is created based on what you choose under the "Maginot Static Page Settings" headline, where one of the options at the field "Static Type" is using lowercase static field and as static field (in the field below) you choose newsid. Simple as that...[/quote]

can you please give me an example how to do it, thanks!
Hrvoje

Postby Parahead » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:24 pm

Parahead wrote:In the admin page there is an option named "Full Rebuild", have you tried using that?
Did that solve the rebuilding problem you experienced?

Hrvoje wrote:can you please give me an example how to do it, thanks!
I thought I did, have you tried using the directions I gave you? The fields you are interested in can be found at the "Date & Time Settings" page in Coranto. However, the *exact* path you want to create, with the "first article of that day" field you mention, it is not possible for a Maginot Static profile (not out of the box anyway)...

Another solution is to use a Maginot Sliced Profile and slice on date and then set the "Number of items per page" option (found under the "Advanced Maginot Sliced Page Settings" headline) to 1. You will not be able to create an exact path like you want with this approach either though, but something like /date/index-1.html
Parahead

Postby Hrvoje » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:14 pm

Parahead wrote:
Parahead wrote:In the admin page there is an option named "Full Rebuild", have you tried using that?
Did that solve the rebuilding problem you experienced?
yes
Hrvoje

Postby Parahead » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:58 am

Hrvoje wrote:
Parahead wrote:Did that solve the rebuilding problem you experienced?
yes
Good... :-)

How is the path building coming along then?

BTW, you are aware that you need to close the forums BBCode quote-tag(s) in order for them to be rendered correctly? The Preview button is your friend.
Parahead

Postby Hrvoje » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:50 pm

Parahead wrote:
Hrvoje wrote:
Parahead wrote:Did that solve the rebuilding problem you experienced?
yes
Good... :-)

How is the path building coming along then?

BTW, you are aware that you need to close the forums BBCode quote-tag(s) in order for them to be rendered correctly? The Preview button is your friend.
path ... i cant solve this and have news name on my own... i really need some more help!
Hrvoje

Postby Parahead » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:02 pm

Hrvoje wrote:path ... i cant solve this and have news name on my own... i really need some more help!
And I need more info from you what you mean by that statement? I have given you a bunch of suggestions above, have you tried them out? Give more specifics of what you have done and what you have problems with and I will try and help you, but with the current information you have provided I can only repeat the info in my above posts.
Parahead

Return to Customization