Coranto Footer on HTML Page

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Coranto Footer on HTML Page

Postby shipmate8 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:11 pm

All, just about ready to go production on my CORANTO based Watch Log and have one loose end to tie up:

How do I insert the standard footer (links to Main page, Submit News, Build News, Log Out, etc..) on my html based pages for log.html, archives.html, searchnews.html.

I tried copy/paste from coranto.cgi (@functionlist) but the seesion keeps clearing the footer on refresh and user must login again. This is bad juju in my environment. Any ideas?

tks,Greg
Last edited by shipmate8 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shipmate8

CORANTO Footer on HTML Output page

Postby shipmate8 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:03 pm

Can't anyone PLEASE help me with post above. I am so close to production--foaming at mouth to get it out there.
:(
I have figured out how to put links to these html pages on the CORANTO footer but can't get the footer itself to maintain session and stay on the HTML pages themselves (using Template or Style).

Thanks in advance!
Greg
shipmate8

Re: CORANTO Footer on HTML Output page

Postby Parahead » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:12 pm

shipmate8 wrote:I have figured out how to put links to these html pages on the CORANTO footer but can't get the footer itself to maintain session and stay on the HTML pages themselves (using Template or Style).
As you can see in the URL when you are inside the Coranto admin interface there is a variable named session there. If you are including links on your normal HTML pages directly into Coranto you need to add this session variable to the URL otherwise Coranto will not accept you as a logged in user (and rightfully so).

From the top of my head I don't have an out of the box solution for you, but maybe you could take a look on how the addon EasyEdit works to present edit/delete links on the fly on the normal HTML page.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Customization