Templates

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Templates

Postby philn » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:55 am

Hello everyone,

I could really use some help with this.

I made the main page for my website in dreamweaver. Here's a link to what it looks like right now: www.thedeadsea.us.

On the right hand side, under the "Recent News" text, I want to have headlines from recent submissions, perhaps with the date. On the left hand side (in the white box), I want to have a portion of the most recent article (with a little 'read more' button at the end that links to the full article.

I assume the best way to do this is make a template?

I made a template with that html and I inserted one of those <field: content> tags in the area of the code for the "recent news section". But when I submit news, nothing actually happens -- the page stays the same. When I access my files via ftp, however, in the newsfiles folder the news I submit is being made into seperate shtml files, and they load in that template (though none of the images actually show up, only the format).

And that is just for the items in my recent folder, I have no idea how to make a template load not only the headlines (let alone link them) and I am confused as to how I would have additional information (the actual article) load into the white region designated for it.

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. I've spent a few hours trying to figure this out and I have been going in circles reading articles and tutorials and I just don't get it. I'm getting desperate.

Thank you.
philn

Postby philn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:14 am

okay, i sort of figured it out, but i could still really use some help.

here's a link to my main page right now: www.thedeadsea.us

i can't figure out how to make my headlines actually link to the artlces themselves. i made a maginot static profile so that all submitted news would become a seperate shtml file, and I created a style that I thought would make the headlines link to the articles, but apparently I didn't do it right.

can anyone help me out?
philn

Postby Parahead » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:06 pm

philn wrote:I created a style that I thought would make the headlines link to the articles, but apparently I didn't do it right.

can anyone help me out?
Probably, but it very hard to do unless you provide us with the content of the style?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Customization