Non changing site pages - Easy Access Modification?

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Non changing site pages - Easy Access Modification?

Postby GameTavern » Wed May 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Here's my scenario. Obviously coranto is great for news. But what if I want to use it for manage my NON changing pages, like "about us" or "Faqs" .

But maybe I want to change them way down the road, without FTP, and and editor etc.

If I make a profile for that page it works fine, but after 2 months of news, I have to search to find that page to modify it again. Is there a way to put 10 or so pages in a MODIFY section, that are always there, without searching? Does that make sense?

Pages like:

About Us
Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
Current Cast

Etc.
Last edited by GameTavern on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameTavern

Postby Dale Ray » Thu May 18, 2006 3:48 am

Have you read the following docs? If not please read them and pay special attention to the relationship between styles and templates.

Coranto Installation to First News Item
Profiles, Styles, and Templates
How Coranto Works

In the simplest terms you use a template, as specified in the profile settings to create a static page.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby GameTavern » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:05 am

I understand how to make a static page. I just want to know if I can make a link in the coranto admin panel to edit that, as opposed to having to do a "search" each time i want to edit that page.
GameTavern

Postby SrNupsen » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:46 am

Check out the XMultiSubmit addon. It allows you to create sections of modify pages - I think you could use that, putting every static page you want to edit inside a XmultiSubmit profile named "static" or something.

This way they won't get mixed up with your other (dynamic( news.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Parahead » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:08 pm

GameTavern wrote:I understand how to make a static page. I just want to know if I can make a link in the coranto admin panel to edit that, as opposed to having to do a "search" each time i want to edit that page.
Check out the Easy Edit addon, it allows you to place an edit-link embedded with the newsitem, so you can simply browse the site as an ordinary visitor and found the newsitem in need of changing, clicking the edit-link and it will take you to the specific Edit Newsitem page within Coranto.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Customization