CRHTMLFoot...

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

CRHTMLFoot...

Postby thegametb » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:50 am

In the CRHTMLFoot, are we able to modify the footer information like reorder them and possibly remove something without having to do so w/o making Coranto unstable? I'm using the X MultiSubmit for a client and they think the default Submit link is overkill and they want things reordered. I looked at the coranto.cgi and I found where the footer links are supposedly to be displayed, but I found code, :(.

Any help or advice is appreciated!
thegametb

Re: CRHTMLFoot...

Postby Parahead » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:22 am

thegametb wrote:In the CRHTMLFoot, are we able to modify the footer information like reorder them and possibly remove something without having to do so w/o making Coranto unstable? I'm using the X MultiSubmit for a client and they think the default Submit link is overkill and they want things reordered. I looked at the coranto.cgi and I found where the footer links are supposedly to be displayed, but I found code, :(.

Any help or advice is appreciated!
Kind of obvious to find code inside Coranto, huh? ;-) Personally I would create this like an addon, but that is just me. I know that this information might be overkill for you, but there is a HOOK in there named CRHTMLFoot, I would suggest using that and use the arrays @AvailableFunctions and @funclist to do what you want. Check out the line above the HOOK to see what I mean.

The below should be a working addon that filters out the Submit News link (the code is untested though, which means *NO GUARANTEE*!):
Code: Select all
#! CRADDON 1
#! NAME Custom Footer
#! DESCRIPTION Filter out the Submit News link in the footer
#! VERSION 1.0
#! HOMEPAGE http://www.yourdomain.com
#! DOC 1

my $addon = Addon->new('HeadBranding');
$addon->checkBuild(29);
if ($crcgiBuild>=32) { $addon->isPrivacyCompatible; }

my $CustomFooter = << 'END_CODE';
 @funclist = grep(!/>Submit News</, @funclist);
END_CODE
$addon->hook('CRHTMLFoot', \$CustomFooter);

1;

__END__

=head1 Custom Footer

=head2 BASIC USAGE

Place any documentation here...

To reorder the the options is a little more tricky though, but maybe you could use the above addon template as a base...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Customization