Posting in different categories with headlines - HELP! -

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Posting in different categories with headlines - HELP! -

Postby apimienta » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:44 pm

Hi guys!, I got Coranto working just like I wanted, headlines in one page so users click on the headline and they get the full story in a new page.

The thing is I want to be able to post news and get 2 different headline sections in the same page... imagine Sports news headlines and Weather news headlines all in one single page, then the user click on whatever headline and he gets that news.

How can I do this?, how do I tell Coranto "This is Sports news so it goes in headlines1.txt and this other is Weather news so it goes in headlines2.txt", I know that I will end up with those 2 different headlines.txt files and that I need to put those 2 files in the code of my headlines page, it's the first part I'm having trouble with.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!!!!!

Alex.
apimienta

Postby Parahead » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:03 pm

I would suggest taking a look at this topic since it basically is the same question...

Basically, you need to enable the News Category addon included with the distribution. Post news into different categories and have the two profiles filter on the category you want.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Customization