Addon/Customization: Javascript/"AJAX like" Catego

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Addon/Customization: Javascript/"AJAX like" Catego

Postby a51hh » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:32 am

OK Here is a great idea/add-on request that I would like someone to help me with.

I have 5 different categories. And I have about 20 different custom fields.
Each category only needs certain custom fields. Would there be a way for Coranto, through Javascript/AJAX tech. to display only the needed custom fields once a category is selected?

Selecting category 1 displays fields 1, 2 and 3
and Category 2 displays fields 1, 2, and 8
and Category 3 displays fields 1, 2, 4, 9 and 12

and so on and so forth.

Im just tired of having to explain to my news posters which fields to fill out for which category.

Anyone care to help? Thank you in advance!
a51hh

Postby Psykosys » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:35 am

I'd suggest using XMultisubmit and making 5 different submit pages, each locked to one of those categories (a server-side solution to your problem). I haven't seen anything that integrates AJAX-type stuff with Coranto before and am not sure if many people here know how to code that way, also, many addon authors might not want to make things incompatible with older browsers.
Psykosys

Postby bozoka45 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:48 pm

As Psykosys said, XMultiSubmit will fix all your problems. AJAX is not needed to do this.
bozoka45

Postby a51hh » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:47 am

I appreciate all the help. I will look into this and then hit you guys back with my findings. Much appreciated.
a51hh

Postby a51hh » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:06 am

hey fellas. I just wanted to thank you guys for the help. The feature you guys suggested worked exactly for what I needed. Man Coranto has gone a long way since Newspro. Thanks for all the help.
a51hh

Return to Customization